C4 Forums | Control4

A few dumb questions...

Which remote version does the HC-300 come with? Does it include the SR-250?

Also, if I already have an account with Rhapsody, is it easy to link it to my Control4 unit or does that become a pain?

Also, does anyone have detailed screenshots of the Control4/Sony 777ES interface? Just curious how it looks.

For a while, the HC-300 came with the v.2 remote, but as of the last year or so, they come with the SR-250.

It's very easy to enter your Rhapsody info into Control4.

The Sony interface is just the movie cover art interface, which there are pictures of in various places, but I don't have one here handy.

RyanE

HC300 comes with SR250

I had Rhapsody account set up online first. Entered account info into Navigator on C4 and was good to go. However, typing in account info was a pain with the remote, so easier if dealer enters account info via Composer Pro.

Edit: darn should'a typed instead of watching movie... Ryan beat me to it :D

Thanks for your replies all. I would still be interested in those screenshots if anyone has them available.

Also, I have a PC that is quite noisy due to the number of fans that is has in it. Would there be a way to remotely set the computer to sleep mode (which operates on minimal power and shuts off all fans) once a movie begins to play? I can't think of how this would be done, but I figured I would throw it out there.

Thanks for your replies all. I would still be interested in those screenshots if anyone has them available.

Also, I have a PC that is quite noisy due to the number of fans that is has in it. Would there be a way to remotely set the computer to sleep mode (which operates on minimal power and shuts off all fans) once a movie begins to play? I can't think of how this would be done, but I figured I would throw it out there.

I posted some in another thread. Here are the links to the pics:

On a 10.5 inch touchpanel:

Pic 1

Pic 2

On the TV:

Pic 1

Pic 2

I took those pictures on my BlackBerry, so sorry about the poor quality. Those links are to the pictures I posted in this thread back in April.

RE: PC Control

Short answer: No this cannot be done without additional development.

Longer answer:

Think about what required to do this:

1. Your computer would have to be listening on a TCP port for incoming requests to enter standby/sleep mode.

2. Once the request was received, you need a way to programmatically tell your computer to enter standby/sleep mode. the following article describes how to enter hibernation: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555569/en-us

Remember, once in sleep/standby mode your computer would no longer be listening for commands to power itself back on (unless you used wake-on lan).

Maybe your computer supports IR commands for entering sleep/standby mode? That would be VERY easy to integrate with C4.

Or just use an electrical outlet you could shutoff and control with C4. Not an elegate or ideal solution though.

RE: PC Control

Short answer: No this cannot be done without additional development.

Longer answer:

Think about what required to do this:

1. Your computer would have to be listening on a TCP port for incoming requests to enter standby/sleep mode.

2. Once the request was received, you need a way to programmatically tell your computer to enter standby/sleep mode. the following article describes how to enter hibernation: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555569/en-us

Remember, once in sleep/standby mode your computer would no longer be listening for commands to power itself back on (unless you used wake-on lan).

Maybe your computer supports IR commands for entering sleep/standby mode? That would be VERY easy to integrate with C4.

Or just use an electrical outlet you could shutoff and control with C4. Not an elegate or ideal solution though.

The PC wakes from hibernation on keyboard press of any button, so it still is listening on commands. Clearly the easiest solution is a new house with an office that has a nice thick door. :D

So the way I used to do it before we had ethernet control was by using one of those remotes that comes with the computer (you know, has a little ir receiver to usb dongle). From there I would use one button to go in to hibernate, and one button to bring it back. There was a bunch of other commands that I programmed as well using 'autohotkey' to translate buttons on the remote to events on the computer. I believe the LAN option will be more elegant, but I haven't looked in to it yet.

Archived