C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Keypad Switch

I have just installed a wireless keypad single load switch which seems to make a quite a “tick” noise when powering on/off. Not something I have noticed before but that’s because I have always used single/dual load dimmers. 

Is there a way to stop this noise? If not, I either need to put up with it or install a dimmer. 

Has anyone come across this before?

1 minute ago, chopedogg88 said:

If you were talking about just a regular control4 on off switch then yes they normally make a clicking sound

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Yeh it’s a wireless keypad switch instead of dimmer and sounds like the relay. The dimmer doesn’t make a noise at all. Not sure if I should swap it out for a dimmer. It’s only controlling 4 spotlights. 

2 hours ago, J to the D said:

Do you know if you can connect a 24v LED dimmable module to a Control4 single load dimmable wireless keypad? I presume the answer is yes but not had a huge amount of experience with single colour led tape 

Control4 dimmers are 120V.

If you connect 24V LED module to it, you will cause either the 24V LED module to stop working, or both the 24V LED module and the 120V dimmer to stop working.

Bad idea.

If you want to test this, plug your 24V LED module directly into a wall socket (120V).  That will save you from also killing your Control4 dimmer.

RyanE

26 minutes ago, RyanE said:

Control4 dimmers are 120V.

If you connect 24V LED module to it, you will cause either the 24V LED module to stop working, or both the 24V LED module and the 120V dimmer to stop working.

Bad idea.

If you want to test this, plug your 24V LED module directly into a wall socket (120V).  That will save you from also killing your Control4 dimmer.

RyanE

Sorry not sure I was very clear. 

Just to note, I am in the UK so 230v. I already have a dual load wireless dimmer operating a circuit running led tape. 230v from the Control4 keypad goes into a 12v transformer for the tape but I’m not sure if the dealer has set the load on the keypad to on/off instead of dimmable. 

My understanding is a dual load can have a load set to on/off or dimmable in composer where as a single load has to be purchased as a dimmable unit or a switch. The switch makes a relay sound so I am trying to see if I can use a dimmable single load keypad which then feeds a 12/24v transformer for the LED tape. 

1 hour ago, J to the D said:

Sorry not sure I was very clear. 

Just to note, I am in the UK so 230v. I already have a dual load wireless dimmer operating a circuit running led tape. 230v from the Control4 keypad goes into a 12v transformer for the tape but I’m not sure if the dealer has set the load on the keypad to on/off instead of dimmable. 

My understanding is a dual load can have a load set to on/off or dimmable in composer where as a single load has to be purchased as a dimmable unit or a switch. The switch makes a relay sound so I am trying to see if I can use a dimmable single load keypad which then feeds a 12/24v transformer for the LED tape. 

No worries.  Makes sense, but unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the dual load UK wireless dimmer.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.