C4 Forums | Control4

I just want the spotify app, please help

Shee

Hello,

I recently moved into a house that has Control4 system set up. Everything is working great and they also have the 4 Channel Matrix Amplifier also hooked up for the speakers on the ceilings. 

However, I do want to install the Spotify App seeing as it is possible but the model that they have which is C4-EA3 did not come with it but I do see online that it should have been integrated. Quite frankly, this is the only app that I want installed without having to pay for an arm and a leg just to get it installed. 

Unfortunately, I don’t have the owner’s contact as I believe the license is still under their account as it gave me the notification when I tried to download the Control4 app on my phone. 

I was hoping if there was a way to this as Spotify is the only music streaming app that I really use.

Hope to hear from you soon!

8 minutes ago, Shee said:

Hello,

I recently moved into a house that has Control4 system set up. Everything is working great and they also have the 4 Channel Matrix Amplifier also hooked up for the speakers on the ceilings. 

However, I do want to install the Spotify App seeing as it is possible but the model that they have which is C4-EA3 did not come with it but I do see online that it should have been integrated. Quite frankly, this is the only app that I want installed without having to pay for an arm and a leg just to get it installed. 

Unfortunately, I don’t have the owner’s contact as I believe the license is still under their account as it gave me the notification when I tried to download the Control4 app on my phone. 

I was hoping if there was a way to this as Spotify is the only music streaming app that I really use.

Hope to hear from you soon!

There is an “add music” driver that may be installed already. If so you could click Spotify and add your Spotify account info

if that add music driver isn’t added you will need a dealer to add it. Might as well get a dealer to help move the account into your name too

There's more going on here though - you do not have the owner contact info, and no account info - either you'll have to get that, or get the system registered under a new account.

A C4 system, REQUIRES a dealer, be it local or remote, for a fair bit of things - you're going to have to establish a relation with one, one way or the other.

Just one note that Spotify is not fully integrated into Control4.  To play music on Spotify you select what you want to play oon your phone, PC, tablet, etc and then send it to a C4 device.  You will want your dealer to set up Autoroom functionality so that when you select "Spotify-Kitchen" as the output device that C4 begins playing automatically. (edit - changed Autoplay to Autoroom)

There are other streaming music services that have tighter integration with C4 where you can pick specific music in the C4 UI, whether phone, On screen display, touchscreen, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.