C4 Forums | Control4

2.1 Stereo with Audio Switch

Hizzle

I appreciate the help on this one.  I scoured the forums but didn't see anything on this topic.  I have a C4 Audio Switch connected to a C4 Amp, which produces stereo (of course), and I also ran an independent powered sub (RCA) line.  How can I use the audio switch to coordinate the stereo pair of speakers and the sub volume level?   I assume I need to create a separate room with the sub (patio sub) and then sync the volume controls to the original room?  Does that sound right?  Direction is most appreciated.

It'll depend in how the setup was done so it's hard to be sure.

Easy way would be if the audio matrix is the room end-point for audio and volume (you don't state what amp you have). Then you could either y-spelit th output and feed the sub and keep it all one room.

Or add some simple programming to switch the sub output and sub output volume with the actual room (WHEN output x changes - set output y value to output x value - similar for volume.

No need for an separate room.

Thanks for the guidance.  I've got a 

C4-16ZAMS-V3-B - Switch

C4-16AMP3-B - Amp

So the audio endppoint volume is on the C-4-16AMP3-B and not the switch.  I was thinking that the switch would be audio endpoint for the sub but then the Amp would be audio endpoint for the speakers/room.

What's your sub's amp or are you trying to power the sub with another set of channels off the 16amp?

If you have a dedicated sub amp, then you could use a Y jacks out of the matrix for the room you're adding it to, feeding the 16amp and the Sub amp from the same output of the matrix.
If you're trying to maintain separate volume in Control4 gui for the sub, then it's another output from the matrix as if it's another room, and you're going to program to keep the two married.
If you're trying to run it off the 16amp, then it's another output, married and what are you going to use for a crossover?

Some sub amps also have line inputs and outputs to allow the Sub amp crossover to limit low frequency to the main speakers, in that case you put the sub amp between the matrix and the 16amp input.

Rav and Cyknight,

Thanks for the responses.  The Audio Matrix just provides switching and the Amp is controlling volume.  The sub is a standard powered sub (SVS with built in amplifier) and is in a recess on the patio.  It doesn't have a line-in input but does have a crossover.  I can use the option of the Y jack to split the source out of the Audio Matrix but then I will need to change this one "room" patio to have volume controlled by the Audio Matrix instead of the Audio Amp.  I'm not sure if I'll run into any issues like this because I thought the Audio Matrix already outputs at 100%, so I would have to tweak that across all the rooms to accommodate for the single room volume being controlled by the Audio Matrix vs the Audio Amp.  I am up for other ideas but was thinking that I would use a second output on the Audio Matrix for the sub and then I would only have the sub as volume controlled off the Audio Matrix but the room volume would still be controlled off the Audio Amp.  But, as Cyknight mentioned, there would need to be some programing to synchronize the volumes and inputs.  I was hoping for a slightly easier implementation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.