C4 Forums | Control4

August Locks Driver Issue Fix?

Hey all -- joined to post this but looking forward to more. New to C4 but not programming. Have been able to work through most issues with my new system, but I'm still having trouble with the August driver, specifically locked/unlocked status. (Which is critical to my confidence in integrating the hardware.)

I saw a few threads mentioning this issue but no definitive fix. I'm using the latest Cinegration driver, and while it's an improvement, the status of my (four) locks freezes every ~48 hours. Rebooting the EA-5/Director solves it, but that's not sustainable. Anyone figured it out? Seems like a code bug.

I had the exact issue you are talking about. When the lock states don’t match between C4 and August, the lock icon will just blink in the C4 app. I’m not sure what is different but they have been solid for several weeks now. My plan is to switch the WiFi modules out for C4 modules. I think it’s the best thing to do considering the reliability of my current zigbee devices. No actual fix that I’m aware of unless the driver was updated and I didn’t realize it. 

The only issue with swapping out the module is that you lose Auto Unlock. I have used both modules and I like the wifi one simply because of auto unlock. I don't have any experience with geofencing drivers or ifttt but if anyone has tested this with the C4 lock module for Auto Unlock please let me know!

I will add that my experience with the wifi module and control4 has been great. It is a little slower than the c4/zigbee module, but I haven't had any complaints about it. It would be nice to have the best of both worlds tho (c4 module with Auto Unlock).

3 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

So of course I haven’t has the issue in a while so it makes sense that right after I read this, it starts again. 

Didn't mean to curse you, ha. Thankfully, this feels like an easy fix once they take a look at it. The driver seems otherwise flawless up until (for me) the 48-hour cycle...

10 hours ago, booch said:

Didn't mean to curse you, ha. Thankfully, this feels like an easy fix once they take a look at it. The driver seems otherwise flawless up until (for me) the 48-hour cycle...

Not your fault! I should have figured it wasn’t fixed yet. Hopefully they will sort it for you. I think that since I have Yale locks, it is probably best to use C4 zigbee. Like you said, that is one integration that really needs to be reliable. 

On 12/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, Drake0508 said:

I was asked to add Cinegration to my account this morning so they can take a look. Nothing yet. 

Don't know if ya'll have done anything yet, but mine lasted over 48 hours for the first time this week. Great it's being worked on! (Love the forums, of all types, for this reason.)

Me too -- have done a controller reboot or two for other reasons but (fingers crossed) still haven't had the issue since last week!

Now if we could get an all local August driver! (Half kidding as it's still great hardware, and by extension, more average-consumer oriented, but can dream!)

• 3 months later...

My august lock integration is "broken" again. The lock status does not change in control4 so C4 thinks that it its always locked. When I try to unlock it from C4 the lock does unlock but C4 still shows that it is locked (because of this C4 only sends the unlock command and I can't send the lock command). This has happened to me in the past and it usually fixes itself after a couple of days but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this.

1 minute ago, Rob21 said:

My august lock integration is "broken" again. The lock status does not change in control4 so C4 thinks that it its always locked. When I try to unlock it from C4 the lock does unlock but C4 still shows that it is locked (because of this C4 only sends the unlock command and I can't send the lock command). This has happened to me in the past and it usually fixes itself after a couple of days but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this.

I would recommend contacting the DriverCentral help desk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.