C4 Forums | Control4

Zwave aeotec range extender 7

daveva

should be able to just start pairing process in composer pro zwave tab, then just press the button on the device, sometimes its easier to just have the device within a few feet of the processor where your zwave adapter is and then move it to the area you actually want it 

13 hours ago, daveva said:

I don't have composer pro. I do have the main module for Z wave but I don't have the instructions on how to add an extender.Thanks

You will need a dealer to add the driver then add the device to the Controlers Zigbee network. 

so you have the zwave module for control4,  then you need a dealer to add the drivers, if you have a vera hub or another ZWAVE Hub "some are compatible or have drivers ,you still need a dealer to add the drivers. you need a dealer to add drivers to your control4 project, you can buy composer home to make some edits to your control system, after your dealer adds the drivers

however i dont believe aotec extenders are compatible directly with control4 i dont see a driver but ill try when i get home today , you need a hub like a vera hub then you can bring them into control4, 

The Zwave  control 4 module and the drivers are added to my system. With an aeotec range extender 6 . My problem is some of the zwave recepticals are inconsistent at times because of the distance. I need to add another extender aeotec 7. It has been a while but I do believe that I added the extender 6 myself but I cannot find any instruction on how to do this. I was hoping someone on this forum and was able to help. Thanks

in composer start the pairing process from the connections tab/zwave you have 45 seconds to then press the button on the aoetec device. i would plug this in close to the zwave adapter to ensure you have proper signal, once paired i would then move it to the location you want

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.