C4 Forums | Control4

How do you know if your "Dealer" is a Dealer?

jjmock2

Just a simple question. I bought a home with a system installed. The builder I bought from referred me to someone he said was the Dealer. I've had them out a few times to looks at some things, and their service has been a lot less than stellar. They say they are an official dealer, but when I search for them on the C4 website, there's no mention of them. How can I find if they are truly a dealer?

Thanks

If they are not listed on the control4 find a dealer website they are not a dealer.

Actually, there may be a gap between when a provider becomes a certified dealer and when that dealer appears in the dealer locator at the site. There is no such gap in the my.control4.com dealer of record list.

a dealer so "new" that hasn't been put on the dealer locator might be a little bit of a scary thing to do... might want to let them get an install or two "under their belt"

Someone has to be the first customer. As long as you aren't paying by the hour.

I got my dealer to be a C4 dealer, he'll have about 10 installs under his belt by the time my house is ready for them to install anything from C4.

I'll say this: if you don't have any idea how home automation works you might not want to go with a dealer that's new to it. Knowing exactly what you want to do, and knowing what the system is capable of doing will allow you to find a dealer that you know can do the work.

Archived