C4 Forums | Control4

Atlona AT-PR02HD88M 8x8 HDMI Matrix - @room off, how to send IR code to turn off TV before the matrix turns off?

Hi all.

Have one that has me stumped. Have an Atlona 8x8 matrix with ethernet balun RX in a bedroom. Have the IR connected through the matrix to control the endpoint TV. Seems any IR commands won't be sent unless the matrix is on/active for that endpoint. I've setup the TV's driver so that the power on command doesn't get sent until a delay of 8 seconds (has power feedback/control power/send a power on command after a delay of 8 seconds) which is plenty for the matrix to turn on and be working. The IR control, while on, work fine.

The problem - when the user hits room off, the matrix is turned off before the IR command can be sent to the TV. I've tried a bit of programming to delay that but can't seem to make it work. What's the best practice or how to get the TV off command sent before the matrix is powered off?

Thanks!

Yep, the Atlona matrices seem to work well when programmed correctly but are a bit finicky in terms of their settings. Sounds like it’s working for you based on Muj’s suggestion.  I’m the ‘fellow member’ he was referring to.

I can tell you that Atlona tech support was pretty awesome and they spent a good amount of time on a three way screen share with Muj and myself to get my matrix reprogrammed from a non-working mess of an install to up and running pretty darn well.

If you are still having issues, I highly recommend contacting Muj to help you out. He rocks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.