C4 Forums | Control4

Updated Price List

jedi7001

I love these kind of replies, any help would be much appreciated to point me in the direction of an updated price list of all current models. I search for 30 mins just now on this site and can not find a good updated list. Am I missing something?

Man, Google is amazing. I posted a snippy response with a 'Let me google this for you' link that had the correct thread as the top result, and 10 minutes later this thread was the top result.

Anyhow, a search for 'control4 prices' brings up a list of threads, the one from Jan 14, 2009 by hennaie is the best one.

Man, Google is amazing. I posted a snippy response with a 'Let me google this for you' link that had the correct thread as the top result, and 10 minutes later this thread was the top result.

Anyhow, a search for 'control4 prices' brings up a list of threads, the one from Jan 14, 2009 by hennaie is the best one.

Really? Because I'm googling and searching this site and I can't find any thread or post with an official MSRP price list. The thread from 1/14/09 that you mentioned simply has some links to C4 equipment being sold by ABT and ShopHHTS online. I believe that the official MSRP price list is something that only the dealers have and are not going to distribute.

^ yup.

You are right about the MSRP list, but you can just ask your dealer for one and they will probably give it to you. Personally I dont really understand why a list of MSRPs is a problem at all, isnt that the point of MSRP....?

I doubt most dealers sell at MSRP because Control4 is not a retail sale.

I don't list MSRP because it's not at all relevant to the price of installed system. My pricing includes all of the stuff it takes to make that product fully functional in the system.

Installed price is a much better guide since none of this stuff works out of the box, it all has to be installed and integrated to work.

Plus clients tend to get stuck on one number and rarely understand all of the other things that go into making it work.

Example.

I have a client who is ready to install a display on his back porch. It's going to cost at least 2x as much as the last 2 TV's because of all the extra stuff that needs to happen to add 1 more TV to the system. We've got to add another matrix switch to the video system, patch in all of the video sources from the main switch to the 2nd unit. Just the costs of patch cables, adapters and raw materials will be around $600 before we ever get to install the TV or power up the switch.

So this installed unit will be much more expensive, but the next 7 will be cheaper since the system will only require baluns to drive up to 7 more displays.

Right, I understand that, but its almost like the MSRP list is kept a secret around here.. I mean I have a printout of it and could easily just post it but seems like the dealers here wouldnt like that, and it doesnt really make sense why.

I think most people realize when looking at electronics MSRP means virtually nothing, other than giving a gauge of relative cost of components to each other (ie, an HC500 is going to be more than an HC300 by *about* this much).

I just remember people posting official msrp's in the past, and now its hard to find. It just nice to get an idea how much it woll cost to add a device or two (with the expectation of installer time will be extra).

Anyway, is the iPhone app still $300?

Here is a start, if someone wants to put it into the wiki thing:

Control 4 TSG-3.8C1-W (wi-fi) $799.00

Control 4 TSE-3.8C1-W (ETHERNET) $699.00

Control 4 KPZ-10B1-W $299.00 (10 btn LCD)

Control 4 CCZT1W $249.00 (t-stat)

Control 4 KPZ-6B1-? $179.00 (6 btn)

Control 4 KPZ3B1? $149.00 (3 btn)

Control 4 LSZ-3W1-? $129.00 (2btn)

HC-200 $299.00

HC-300 $699.00

HC-500 $1495.00

HC-1000 $2995.00

Control4® 4 Zone Amplifier C4-8AMP1-B $1195.00

Audio Matrix Switch - 16 – V2 $1295.00

Control4 Multi Tuner $749.00

Control4 Multi Tuner with XM Satellite Option $899.00