C4 Forums | Control4

Doorstation Device Variables

ILoveControl

Question

Hi all

Just want to check something. Doing some programming on the doorstations device variables. There use to be varibles there like Last Known User Code ID. I am running on the latest firmware and C4 OS (as of today) and went in to do some programming in the actions section of programming, when I expand Device Variables there are no more device variables. Did this change?

9 answers to this question

Hmm looked at the lock device variables and the one I was looking for that use to be in the Doorstation Device variables "LastValidCode" doesn't exist anymore. What I was trying to do is follow a tech article that would use Valid Code Entered on the Doorstation then checking the "LastValidCode" entered if it was the right code then open the gate. This was on one of the tech notes on the dealer site but now that I can't find that variable not to sure how to get that working?

3 hours ago, Cyknight said:

? I'm surprised there was ever a way to see the actual digits of a code used - that should have been blocked.

I would simply use the variable under the direct DS driver for 'WHEN usercode X entered'?

Yup let's say you wanted to give some one access to the house with a code you could use "LastValidCode" and check the code against that if valid do something. This was an actual tech article on the dealer site to enable this.

That variable is on the doorstatiom itself?

4 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Yup let's say you wanted to give some one access to the house with a code you could use "LastValidCode" and check the code against that if valid do something. This was an actual tech article on the dealer site to enable this.

Why can't you use the name of the user? It's the same result. "Last unlocked by"

7 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Not a variable as such, but an event options.

So isntead of checking if it got disarmed, then by who and program, you just progeam direct based on who disarmed.

May be a variable as well, not sure off the top of my head.

And yes it's under the DS main driver.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.