C4 Forums | Control4

Odd Twonky/iTunes Driver Problem - Limit of 112 songs

DTxAg

I'm running Twonky on a mac that is always on. I've got a little applet that I can run to update the Twonky database whenever someone adds music to iTunes on the mac and updates the playlists. My Control4 system can access the music through the iTunes driver and see the playlists.

BUT, no matter how big the playlist is, the Control4 system will only load 112 songs from it. You can look at the playlist and count more than that, but actually selecting the playlist (for shuffle play or regular play) loads only 112 songs. Is that some kind of limit on the iTunes driver? It doesn't seem to be a Twonky issue since I can look at the Twonky playlists and count more than 112 songs in the playlists. It only ever appears when we try to play a playlist that has more than 112 songs.

Have you tried the DLNA driver as opposed to the iTunes driver? I’ve had much better luck with most things that way. If you configure Twonky’s discovery setting to an interval of “-1” it will discover new music and playlists immediately. The only downside is that it won’t read playlists straight out of iTunes. To get around this I crated a folder and and export the playlist metadata (*.m3u files) to it, Twonky will pick those up and they work great. Downside is that you have to manually export your playlist every time you update it. 

@THE L1ZARD KINGhas given you a work around.  However, in terms of the iTunes driver, I don’t believe it has a limit on playlist size.  I used it extensively before upgrading to OS3 (which does not support the iTunes driver ) and there was no such limit on the playlist sizes.  I was doing something similar to what you are doing but I was using iTunes itself and not Twonky.

So unfortunately I was wrong - I am already using the "DLNA Music" driver, not the iTunes driver (apparently I renamed it iTunes Music at some point). I have a working solution for getting the playlists from iTunes to Twonky, and Twonky is reading the playlists correctly (the Twonky server playlists match the iTunes playlists). I just have no idea why playing a playlist from my Control4 touchscreen or app only pulls 112 songs from the playlist.

• 1 month later...

So to finish off this topic, I've tried with both Twonky and MiniDLNA as the DLNA server and on different machines. In all cases, the Control4 EA5 will show a playlist as containing nearly 300 songs, but it only loads a maximum of 200 songs when I try to actually play the playlist.

Not sure why, but it appears the Control4 DLNA driver has a hard limit of 200 songs when actually loading a playlist into the queue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.