C4 Forums | Control4

Onkyo Driver Needed

I'm having problems with the Onkyo TX-SR605 driver created by C4.

Are there any dealers here that can get my receiver working properly?

Please send me an email with contact and I can share more details.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.

I have two main issues:

1. When I setup a radio station (99.1 FM) and select it (using the SR-250 remote in LIST | RADIO | STATIONS), the receiver powers on selects tuner and tunes to 99.1 FM. Then it toggles to AM. If I press the radio station again on the SR-250 remote it stays on FM.

2. The receiver supports discreet controls for Zone 2. When I select an audio endpoint that uses zone 2 it powers on Zone 1 and Zone 2 of the receiver. When I power off the endpoint it only turns off zone 2... zone 1 remains on.

We'll try with the 606 driver.

#1 is fixed by using the SR606 driver. However, #2 is still a problem and it sets Zone 1 to the same source as zone 2 so if I'm listening to something on zone 1 it's disrupted.

Can anyone help?

So, I created a new driver for a basic tuner/receiver and added it to my project. Essentially, this new receiver/tuner only controls Zone 2 of my existing receiver. I have solved both problems.

I'm still willing to pay a dealer for a single driver that fixes all problems.

Maybe we're using different drivers. What version are you using?

At further glance it appears I'm using functions with my Onkyo 605 that don't exist in the 606. The 605 support 3 component video inputs (which I'm using) and the 606 only supports 2 component video inputs.

Either I still need to modify one or the other driver to work for my zone 1.

• 1 month later...

Get this figured out?!

I'm having the same issues, and it's frustrating.

One of the C4 updates must have caused this, cause at first mine worked fine and then all the sudden starting exhibiting the behaviour you have described.

Thanks.

One of the C4 updates must have caused this, cause at first mine worked fine and then all the sudden starting exhibiting the behaviour you have described.

Thanks.

Updates from Control4 typically don't change existing third party drivers. In order for a new driver to be used, the old one has to be deleted from the project, and the new one added. Devices that are updated automatically would include touchpanels, remotes, dimmers, controllers, speakerpoints, amps, etc.

Archived