C4 Forums | Control4

JVC projector - IP Control + Lens Memory features + custom buttons on C4 remote?

On my previous X35 JVC projector there were discrete IR commands for a few lens memory settings and I was able to link them to the 3 custom buttons on the C4 remote (1,2,3 dots under the C4 button).  Then I bought a RS400U- also IR controlled and was able to carry over the OLD IR codes from that PJ to the RS400, however I now have a IP controlled NX5 so I can't use the old IR commands. Now I can't think of a way to swap between 3 different lens memory settings quickly on the C4 remote. The new projector requires you to push the "lens memory" button and then scroll up or down to select (up to 10) lens memory settings. Not ideal but it works.

For example on my JCW Nx5 I have the #1 lens memory setting as a 2.35:1 ratio and the #2 is 16x9 and #3 is 2.4:1 (each assigned to one of 3 custom buttons). It used to be one click with IR.

I would love to have this lens memory feature be a quick single button function as my kids are often in the theater and may need to switch screen ratios and currently the only way to do it requires switching into the mode of controlling the projector menu directly plus  a few clicks to then bring up the lens memory pop up and change the lens control setting. I would rather not use the separate remote for the JVC at all.

I may be able to program JUST the pop up menu for the lens memory to one of the custom buttons and scroll to select which one to use but I would love to have it be just a single click on one of the C4 remote buttons.

Does anyone know of a way to make this work with the custom buttons on the C4 remote with a IP controlled PJ?

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually not listed as Lens Memory commands but rather it is the User Settings or Installation Mode (I am pretty sure it is this one) I recall. I have my 2 screen sizes setup and saved along with other settings in 2 of those Installation Mode settings and on my newest projector there are 10 but as I recall there were not that many on previous models plus I don't think C4 had that many listed. 

I don’t think there is a lens memory specific program option, so what I did was create 2 installation mode settings and the default 1st one I set the lens memory in the projector to 2.35 and saved it and then went to installation mode 2 and set the lens to 16x9 and saved it. 

I was not able to ONLY set the lens memory and link it in the C4 custom programming but this option worked for me since there are no discrete codes for lens memory and I did not find lens memory in the list.

4 hours ago, jzh10 said:

So installation modes 1 to 10 are the lens memories 1 to 10 ?

Exactly.  I forget which model/firmware started this change, but the newer Installation Modes are accessed the same way the previous Lens Memories were.  The IR codes are the same, and I suspect the IP will as well.  Installation Modes allow configuring a number of other parameters besides Lens Memory, but this is where Lens Memories are configured.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.