C4 Forums | Control4

Remote sensor for C4 thermostat

tcwalker5

Question

I've been unsuccessfully searching for a thread that I think @Cyknightposted some time ago about setting thermostat to use a remote sensor.  If I recall, it was not the wired remote sensor I'm using today.  I'd like to use something like the z2io or something similar.

Can someone either point me to that post or share how to set that up on the thermostat?  

Or maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly.🤪

2 answers to this question

I am not familiar with Composer HE, but based on what I've read, I don't think you can bind items with it and you may need a dealer with Composer Pro.  (I may be wrong though).

In order to use the z2io as a wireless remote temperature/humidity sensor you need to be able to bind the z2io "Temperature Internal" and the "Humidity" in Connections Tab to the Control4 Thermostat.  Then you need to go into the Control4 Thermostat settings and use "Control4 Value" for the respective sensors you want to use.

• Turn the thermostat off using the heating/cooling button.  Press the fan button for several seconds.  Go to 
  • Enter Installer Setup
  • System Setting 13 = Remote Sensor = Yes
  • System Setting 14 = Primary Sensor = "Control4 Value".  It's not listed in the installation guide but it is there

When you're done, click Done and it should save.  Depending on how deep you are into the menus, you may have to save it twice.

You can do the same thing for the humidity control if you have a humidifier installed.  You need to enter the IAQ section, then enter the Humidifier system settings.

• Humidifier Installed = Yes
  • Remote Sensor = Yes
  • Primary Sensor = "Control4 Value" 

Then it will give you sensor options.  It's not listed in the manual, but once you turn on Humidifier Controls, it should give you remote sensor options.  You would follow the same steps as for the temperature sensors.  I don't have a Control4 Thermostat in front of me and I am going off memory for the humidity settings but it is possible.

I hope that answers your questions.  

For added security/benefit, you can make Option 15 = Secondary Sensor = Built in.  This will use the internal temperature sensor in the thermostat if the wireless option fails (gets unplugged by someone).  It won't register the exact same heat but it's not a bad idea to have a plan b for heating.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.