C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron RadioRA 2 Visor Control Receiver RR-VCRX-WH

Dave w

Can someone point me in the right direction for integration of a Lutron RadioRA 2 Visor Control Receiver RR-VCRX-WH for garage door automation in C4. I don't see a Lutron driver for it specifically. Do I just use a light switch driver for each door and then run these as relays with the generic garage door driver? Also using NYCE tilt sensor for door state monitoring.

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

but what driver do you use @net_tech?

keypad_radiora2_lutron.c4i

Visor Control Receiver does not need a driver, you only need RA2 Main Repeater driver and the ID of the RA2 Keypad you are using to operate the doors. 

When I open any of the garage doors from the wall keypads I get the garage camera to come up on T3 to show me if the doors were left open  

When Garage->Keypad 11 button 1 is pressed

Jump to camera Garage -> Camera in Kitchen -> T3 for 10 min (I wish there was an option for 30 min)

I can expand a bit more on the programming

• You can name the VRCx Outputs "Left Door" for contact 1.  "Right Door" for contact 2, 3 and 4 in the Lutron software.
  • Set the outputs to Pulse for each door you want to open/close
  • You can program the buttons on the VRCx to Pulse for 1.0 second or so to open/close the door(s) with the Lutron software.
  • When you activate the VCRX, it will assign an ID to it to the VRCx ID xx This ID will have 6 buttons associated with it.
  • Use the Reports >> Integration to generate a report of all the IDs
  • Search the RR-VCRX-WH it will list the ID and each button you program will be listed there.

In Control4 add a Lutron RadiorRa2 Keypad driver and assign it the same ID for the VRCx from the ID Report.

• You can use Custom Buttons and label it "Garage Door" then list Open/Close for each door on the VCRx
  • Use the button XX press to trigger the VRCx button to open/close the doors.

Pretty much what net_tech said 🙈

You will need a dealer to add the keypad driver if it's not already there.

Speaking of the custom buttons, is there a way to show an image of the garage door instead of the default circle with horizonal lines that C4 provides by default?

Also, to get the ID of the keypad, I don't bother with the report. Just telnet to RA2 repeater and go press the button that you need to ID for your programming. It will show up in the telnet session. Not sure if generating a report out of RA2 is faster than using my button identification method.

Thanks 

17 minutes ago, net_tech said:

Speaking of the custom buttons, is there a way to show an image of the garage door instead of the default circle with horizonal lines that C4 provides by default?

Also, to get the ID of the keypad, I don't bother with the report. Just telnet to RA2 repeater and go press the button that you need to ID for your programming. It will show up in the telnet session. Not sure if generating a report out of RA2 is faster than using my button identification method.

Thanks 

Most times we aren't on site when doing the initial programming.  We export the report and program everything first and then test it once the site is complete.  

There is a "Relay Garage Door Controller" driver that will show a picture of a garage door when it's open/closed but it requires a relay to be bound and a closed and/or open contact to be bound as well.  

Thank you @Jeff W

Sounds like I am stuck with a default circle icon for the garage door. While we are on the garage topic. I have some experience with image recognition in python and wanted to try this in LUA. What I have in mind is a garage door state sensor without the sensor. Actually, I would use a sticker on the top edge of the door as a sensor. Then If I can do an pixel compare logic in LUA for a specific area of the picture from the garage camera I may be able to figure out the state of the door. 

Don't think it's gonna be as reliable as the actual sensor, but this would give me an opportunity to write some LUA code.  

Not sure how your garage door is wired, how the zigbee signal is but if you connect a Z2io to the VCRX in parallel and you could then bind a relay to the "Relay Garage Door Controller".

This way the Lutron system could open/close it and so could the C4.  Just a thought.  

You would need a dealer to install/bind it.  

My doors and a fireplace are connected to VCRX. 

The problem is when I open the garage from the car I am using the buttons on the rear view mirror and Lutron does not know about the door state change. That's why I wanted to get the door state from the camera image 

I don't have any zigbee, only z-wave and clear-connect. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.