C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 Door station call button not working

Hello Dears,

I have installed the DS2 intercom and it was working well, but suddenly the call button on the intercom stopped working i.e. when I press the call button, the intercom doesn't ring to the phones or touch screens.

I am able to make a call from the control4 app to the intercom, but the opposite is not possible. I am also able to make a call from the composer to the call group.

I appreciate your help.

Thank You

@Qais Samara I'm a developer at Control4 and we'd love to get some app logs from you. If you could open the app, then press the ring button on the DS2, and then email us the logs (Settings -> Preferences, top right button -> Email Logs), it'd be greatly appreciated!

There is another discussion here where a workaround is mentioned: https://www.c4forums.com/topic/38991-new-ios-combined-app-not-receiving-incoming-calls-from-doorstation/

Here is the link to the specific comment that mentions the workaround: 

Hi @ChrisHenderson,

Thank you for your response. Something strange happened few minutes before I write this reply!! I opened the app, then pressed the call button on the intercom, and surprisingly the intercom rang!! Also I previously programmed a scene which turns on a light when the call button is pressed and the scene was activated, although it wasn't activated before. And more surprisingly, I tried the call button about 3 times and each time I pressed it, I received a call on my phone, but after that the call button stopped again!!

I want to clarify a point, when I say the intercom doesn't ring, I mean that even the door unit doesn't ring, not only the mobile app or touchscreen. In addition, in parallel with my post here I sent an email to the control4 support and they replied to me with some steps to make, which I did but without any change until the moment of this reply.

I have replaced the door unit for the customer with a new one which is currently working well, and I have the unit with problems at the office.

I am attaching the logs, and a screenshot of the email from control4 support.

Many thanks

2.PNG

1.PNG

navigator.log IntercomHistory.log

4 hours ago, ChrisHenderson said:

To be clear, it'd be great if we could get the app logs before you try the workaround. 🙂

Hi again,

I rebooted the controller and logged out of the system then relogged in, the door unit currently rings but the mobile app doesn't ring. If I open the app and press the call button, the app will ring, but when I am out of the app it will not ring. I am using a samsung android phone not iphone. I made these steps after I sent you the logs.

Update: I added a colleague as a user, he is using a vivo android phone, when the call button is pressed his mobile rings and can answer the call, but if he rejects the call, the door station keeps ringing.  

Thanks

2 hours ago, Qais Samara said:

Hi again,

I rebooted the controller and logged out of the system then relogged in, the door unit currently rings but the mobile app doesn't ring. If I open the app and press the call button, the app will ring, but when I am out of the app it will not ring. I am using a samsung android phone not iphone. I made these steps after I sent you the logs.

Update: I added a colleague as a user, he is using a vivo android phone, when the call button is pressed his mobile rings and can answer the call, but if he rejects the call, the door station keeps ringing.  

Thanks

Go to customer.Control4.com, go to “Devices” and delete all the devices in the account. Delete devices, not users. This will log you out of the app. Log in and try again. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:15 AM, Qais Samara said:

Hi again,

Thanks

I'm guessing that rejecting the call not ending the call is working as designed. I'm imagining a scenario where someone might have a T4 and multiple smartphones. If I reject the call on my phone, maybe someone else would want to accept it still. Am I understanding you correctly, here?

That's a great observation where the call works when in the app! I'll include that in the bug report that I'm going to file for you.

Regarding adding the Vivo Android phone, that makes sense considering the behavior we're seeing with this particular bug--assuming it's the bug I think it is. It seems that this bug affects some phones and not others. And it can be intermittent--meaning it might fix itself or even come back. Some people have said that creating a new user on customer.control4.com seems to help. I'm guessing that deleting all of the devices listed in customer.control4.com would do the same thing as creating a new user and could possibly help as well as a workaround.

On 10/26/2021 at 6:50 PM, ChrisHenderson said:

@Qais Samara I'm a developer at Control4 and we'd love to get some app logs from you. If you could open the app, then press the ring button on the DS2, and then email us the logs (Settings -> Preferences, top right button -> Email Logs), it'd be greatly appreciated!

There is another discussion here where a workaround is mentioned: https://www.c4forums.com/topic/38991-new-ios-combined-app-not-receiving-incoming-calls-from-doorstation/

Here is the link to the specific comment that mentions the workaround: 

This only worked temporarily here.  Have done these steps and worked for about 2-3 days.  Then since it works about once every 10th ring.  For some reason this works with Josh.ai with absolutely zero programming required since the DS2 is a 2N product rebranded.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:37 AM, eddy.trochez said:

Go to customer.Control4.com, go to “Devices” and delete all the devices in the account. Delete devices, not users. This will log you out of the app. Log in and try again. 

Hi Eddy, 

I did that twice, the first time it didn't make any difference. The second time, the mobile rings when the call button is pressed, but it doesn't show that pop-up notification saying call from DS2.

Thanks

On 10/30/2021 at 4:14 AM, ChrisHenderson said:

I'm guessing that rejecting the call not ending the call is working as designed. I'm imagining a scenario where someone might have a T4 and multiple smartphones. If I reject the call on my phone, maybe someone else would want to accept it still. Am I understanding you correctly, here?

That's a great observation where the call works when in the app! I'll include that in the bug report that I'm going to file for you.

Regarding adding the Vivo Android phone, that makes sense considering the behavior we're seeing with this particular bug--assuming it's the bug I think it is. It seems that this bug affects some phones and not others. And it can be intermittent--meaning it might fix itself or even come back. Some people have said that creating a new user on customer.control4.com seems to help. I'm guessing that deleting all of the devices listed in customer.control4.com would do the same thing as creating a new user and could possibly help as well as a workaround.

Hi Chris,

OK, I get it. It makes sense that when rejecting a call the intercom keeps ringing to give the chance for another user to answer.

As for deleting the users from the website, I did it twice, the first time it didn't make any difference. The second time (current situation), the Samsung mobile rings when the call button is pressed, but it doesn't show that pop-up notification saying call from DS2.

One additional note, I added a second colleague using iphone, his mobile now rings without using intercom anywhere app, so I guess the intercom now is working well except for this Samsung mobile which rings without a pop-up notification.

Thanks

On 10/23/2021 at 3:34 AM, Qais Samara said:

Hello Dears,

I have installed the DS2 intercom and it was working well, but suddenly the call button on the intercom stopped working i.e. when I press the call button, the intercom doesn't ring to the phones or touch screens.

I am able to make a call from the control4 app to the intercom, but the opposite is not possible. I am also able to make a call from the composer to the call group.

I appreciate your help.

Thank You

We are working on a fix for this bug. Thanks for sending us the logs!

I’m having a Doorbell intercom problem but it’s different than the one posted.  C4 got rid of the intercom only app.  So now it’s built directly into the C4 main app.  Since that change, when my doorbell is rung, I get a notification on my phone to launch the intercom.  But when I accept it, the intercom won’t launch.  It’s a blank screen.  

If I manually open the intercom part of the app, it works fine.   

anyone else having this issue where it rings in your phone but then won’t launch the intercom part?

18 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I’m having a Doorbell intercom problem but it’s different than the one posted.  C4 got rid of the intercom only app.  So now it’s built directly into the C4 main app.  Since that change, when my doorbell is rung, I get a notification on my phone to launch the intercom.  But when I accept it, the intercom won’t launch.  It’s a blank screen.  

If I manually open the intercom part of the app, it works fine.   

anyone else having this issue where it rings in your phone but then won’t launch the intercom part?

Check this post:

unfortunately that solution is not full-proof.  It only works on setup here about 20-25% of the time.  Logs sent to SnapOne/C4 and dealer worked with them.  Still only works a fraction of the time, while other apps that leverage 2N work 100% of the time.  No response from any support at Snap to date

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.