C4 Forums | Control4

Texecom Integration

Rog78

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has integrated a Texecom Elite 24 panel and could advise, its connect via a Texecom Connect. So i made a start on doing my first one yesterday and didn't quite get it finished, So got to go back next week.  I got the panel online and working Identified it in composer and all online and working ok, now i can set the alarm via Control4 so its talking but how do you get the individual PIR zones into the project, i was under the impression you make sure all zones have text in texecom panel and you clicked on read from panel in composer and it populates the zones in to Control4. Anyone advise what im doing wrong,

Many Thanks  

This took my dealer a while to figure out, basically you have to add Generic PIR or contact sensor drivers in each room and then connect them to the panel under connections I believe. you cant program directly of the panel other then setting/un setting the whole system.

Once I got it working it was great I use my alarm sensors to automate lights etc 

Sorry I cant be more help as I only have composer Home I cant actually see the connections he had to make but the drivers that are in each room are contactsingle_motionsensor_c4.c4i and contactsingle_contactswitch_c4.c4i

The Texecom integration does work without binding PIR’s to individual room drivers. You should be able to read from the panel and show all sensors in composer. 

Just be very careful around using the SmartCom and ComIP. If you want to use Control4 and the Texecom app you need both modules installed. 

14 hours ago, J to the D said:

The Texecom integration does work without binding PIR’s to individual room drivers. You should be able to read from the panel and show all sensors in composer. 

Just be very careful around using the SmartCom and ComIP. If you want to use Control4 and the Texecom app you need both modules installed. 

Thanks for all the replies chaps, the above is what I thought it would do, automatically import the zones programmed on the panel, but it just hasn’t its not even renamed the area programmed. It’s showing as area A&B As ready in composer so it’s picked up the two areas but just not importing the pir zones, I’ve checked in bindings in composer and just seem to have the texecom panel relay connections. The only thing I haven’t done is do anything with the texecom app as I wasn’t going just use it via control4 so customer doesn’t have the problem mentioned above. But I would of thought control4 would pull all the text/pir zones direct from the panel.

Thanks  

On 1/28/2022 at 7:59 PM, J to the D said:

I use Serial for my panel but also tried SmartCom, both worked using the binding method but when reading from the panel Composer read the list of Zones but it still didn't give any options for programming off them until they were bound to something. Mabe it would have been different with ComIP.

The only issue with using smart com was the Texecom push notifications didn't work though the app but this would be fine if you were using Control4 App instead 

12 hours ago, AHSquirrel said:

I use Serial for my panel but also tried SmartCom, both worked using the binding method but when reading from the panel Composer read the list of Zones but it still didn't give any options for programming off them until they were bound to something. Mabe it would have been different with ComIP.

The only issue with using smart com was the Texecom push notifications didn't work though the app but this would be fine if you were using Control4 App instead 

For programming, that’s correct. You have to bind the sensors and PIR’s to something so you can then program off them. 

As for the SmartCom that’s the same issue I had so decided to connect C4 to the ComIP and have the SmartCom running too. Seems to work fine now. Only think I hate offs I haven’t found a way to rename the part arms. 

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I am trying to integrate a Texecom Premiere 832 alarm panel with the IP-COM module.

In composer pro it appears trying to connect but without success.

Does the Texecom Driver only work with Premiere Elite models?

Thank you