C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung TV Audio To C4-8AMP1-B

Hello All,

Problem:  Current Programming makes me select Roku source first( Watch - select Roku on C4 remote) for the Amplifier Audio to kick on then Switch to my Kodi Movie Box if I want to watch a movie.

Description Physical Wiring:

I've got a couple of sources( Roku and Kodi Movie Box) that feed hdmi into my Samsung 55TU8000 then toslink out which is converted to digital coax and then plugged into Input 1 on the C4 8AMP1-B Amplifier.  So the Physical connections are all good.

Current Programming is as follows:

Roku HDMI out to Samsung HDMI Input 1

Roku Digital Coax Output to C4 Amplifier Digital Input 1

Kodi Movie Box HDMI to Samsung HDMI Input 2

Kodi Movie Box no audio out connections.

What I would like the final solution to be:

Is there a seperate driver I can add to make the connections in C4 so the Amp will kick on no matter which source I choose?

Ideally I think if the TV driver had a digital coax output I could make that connection directly to the C4 Amp and then I could choose I either source and the amp will kick on.

This isn't the biggest problem just more of an annoyance for my wife.

Thanks for the help.

cheers manutdsoc20

yes you just need to have a dealer make the connection from the TV to the amp (going through a conversion driver which converts from optical to coax, as your TV driver won't have a Coax output to link to, since it doesn't actually have a Coax output)

PM me if you need programming assistance.

Use the path setter driver for the Kodi box.  Remove direct Roku audio connection to Amp.  You also have no audio connection on the Kodi box, therefore the amp won’t turn on from an off state.

Best off just connecting hdmi from both sources to your TV.  Then connect TV optical to path setter input.  Path setter output coax to amplifier. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.