C4 Forums | Control4

Netflix Mini Driver Issues

Todd369

Have an issue driving me crazy. I have a system with 10 TVs in various rooms all are Samsung Smart TVs, on average 2 years old. I had the Netflix mini driver working on all TVs, until a recent firmware update broke programming for 3 of them. All other mini drivers (hulu, amazaon, etc.) work perfectly on these TVs. Given the stability of Roku I decided to order one for the 3 TVs where the netflx app wasn't working, thinking it would be a good solution. Unfortunately, even the Roku is displaying the same behavior - When Netflx is pressed from the mini app, the TV turns on, selects Roku, but does not launch Netflx. Again, each other mini driver works with the Roku. I figured there was an issue with the mini-driver, so I asked my programmer (Ari) to delete and re-add. That didn't work. It does work when I launch from the Roku Apps, but would rather have Netflx in the Watch menu to avoid the extra set.

Very frustrating, and I'm about to give up on the shortcut. Anyone else experience a similar issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Todd369 said:

Have an issue driving me crazy. I have a system with 10 TVs in various rooms all are Samsung Smart TVs, on average 2 years old. I had the Netflix mini driver working on all TVs, until a recent firmware update broke programming for 3 of them. All other mini drivers (hulu, amazaon, etc.) work perfectly on these TVs. Given the stability of Roku I decided to order one for the 3 TVs where the netflx app wasn't working, thinking it would be a good solution. Unfortunately, even the Roku is displaying the same behavior - When Netflx is pressed from the mini app, the TV turns on, selects Roku, but does not launch Netflx. Again, each other mini driver works with the Roku. I figured there was an issue with the mini-driver, so I asked my programmer (Ari) to delete and re-add. That didn't work. It does work when I launch from the Roku Apps, but would rather have Netflx in the Watch menu to avoid the extra set.

Very frustrating, and I'm about to give up on the shortcut. Anyone else experience a similar issue?

Thanks in advance.

This recently started happening to us as well on Roku.  It's not *every* time (I just tested and it launched Netflix just fine), but it does happen occasionally (we hit "Watch Netflix" and instead of Roku launching the app, it just goes to the Roku Home screen).  Pretty sure I have experienced it on Hulu as well.  It used to be bulletproof, so it seems like a firmware upgrade has broken something recently.

For Samsung - please ensure your using the latest TV driver and that the apps are all available on the home screen.

For Roku, not seeing this at all at home - can you provide a model number for the Roku(s)? I have several lying around, so may be able to match and test.

Oh and just in case, please provide your locale, ie country, just in case it's something with regional updates.

12 hours ago, Cyknight said:

For Roku, not seeing this at all at home - can you provide a model number for the Roku(s)? I have several lying around, so may be able to match and test.

Oh and just in case, please provide your locale, ie country, just in case it's something with regional updates.

This has been happening on the newer Roku Ultra LT (4801) in the USA.   I haven't seen it happen on my older 4600s.

My Roku is Ultra 4800R - Purchased 2/16/22. All in US (New York). 

On the Samsung, it was working, but with the latest firmware v. 1391 the direct access went away. I have other models which did not update (I've now turned off autoupdate) which still work.

Netflix is on the main screen, and selectable with the tv remote or through the app switcher, its just the mini app launcher that does not work. 

Same issues here with Samsung QN43Q6DRA with firmware 1391 in BC Canada.  The only App working is Amazon Prime.  As a work around I can still press menu twice to get tot the home bar and select Netflix, but it's annoying that this was working for so long without any issues and now its not!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.