C4 Forums | Control4

How to query DSC security zone status in Composer HE so I can trigger events?

DAVIDN

I have a DSC security control panel wired to my C4 system (TL280LER-AT).  I can see the zone status in the C4 app on my phone, wall T4 panels, etc...  What I can't figure out how to do: query the zone status in Composer.  I have a list of conditional variables under the Security Panel partition, but nothing which is zone specific.  I know C4 can see the zone status as Open/Closed, but I can't find where that variable exists in Composer.  

Essentially I want to avoid closing the blinds if the windows are open, but I can't find the "Window Open" status...

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 9.26.41 AM.jpg

DSC Panel.JPG

For each zone state in DSC that you want to be able to program off of in C4, I believe you need to have your dealer set up a window, door, etc in C4 and link it to the correct zone is DSC. Then you program off of the state of the device in C4. Hope this makes sense.

For my system I was able to find an indirect way to do this but it has worked well. I use the DISPLAY_TEXT variable to monitor the events and then take appropriate actions based on them. I initially had it send me an email for each event so I could start defining the display text with the event. Once I got these, I coded the ones out that I don't user or already have actions associated with them. Not sure if it will work for your setup but has been great for me since I don't have to get my dealer involved. 

• DAVIDN changed the title to How to query DSC security zone status in Composer HE so I can trigger events?
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.