C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee and OS 3.3

We’ve had issues with zigbee lighting (latest gen wireless keypads — lag and unresponsive) for years (have ca10 and latest equipment pre Core). I’ve written about it prior (C4 even came to house to try to help our Pinnacle dealer - no luck). But seems to be much better since OS 3.3 upgrade. Does anyone have detail on whether there were zigbee upgrades w 3.3 and if so, what they were? Ty

21 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

Not sure what the upgrade was but yes there was an upgrade to all latest gen keypads/lights/panelized lights. After the initial update to 3.3 all our switches cycled one by one throughout the house. 

Thank you. Hoping someone can help me also understand what was upgraded (details re Zigbee upgrade). Yes these problem keypads working better and wondering what caused it (or maybe they'll just degrade again). 

36 minutes ago, Haze said:

Thank you. Hoping someone can help me also understand what was upgraded (details re Zigbee upgrade). Yes these problem keypads working better and wondering what caused it (or maybe they'll just degrade again). 

This is all firmware changes in 3.3

211C45AF-8952-44E5-A7B0-469439B18981.jpeg

1 hour ago, Neo1738 said:

Not sure what the upgrade was but yes there was an upgrade to all latest gen keypads/lights/panelized lights. After the initial update to 3.3 all our switches cycled one by one throughout the house. 

Yes see 👆

14 minutes ago, Amr said:

This is all firmware changes in 3.3

211C45AF-8952-44E5-A7B0-469439B18981.jpeg

Thanks. Just looking for what changes were made. I understand firmware was upgraded but was it a new version of Zigbee Pro? What issues were addressed and how were they sorted? Thx.

10 minutes ago, Haze said:

Thanks. Just looking for what changes were made. I understand firmware was upgraded but was it a new version of Zigbee Pro? What issues were addressed and how were they sorted? Thx.

How big ur ZB network is? Your dealer worked on your network or just pushed the upgrade?

OS3.3 introduced a new ZB setup rendering two legacy Zigbee configurations unsupported.

Unsupported configurations include:

- Splitting ZB Server and Coordinator across two controllers

- Multi-ZAP configurations

In my case I had the invalid setup, so my system had been reworked to have 4 ZB networks to distribute the ZB loads across the house, results in much better network and a valid setup

18 minutes ago, Amr said:

How big ur ZB network is? Your dealer worked on your network or just pushed the upgrade?

OS3.3 introduced a new ZB setup rendering two legacy Zigbee configurations unsupported.

Unsupported configurations include:

- Splitting ZB Server and Coordinator across two controllers

- Multi-ZAP configurations

In my case I had the invalid setup, so my system had been reworked to have 4 ZB networks to distribute the ZB loads across the house, results in much better network and a valid setup

Over 100 devices. not sure what dealer did when upgrading. Just know prior config was reviewed by C4 and the Pinnacle dealer and they approved it, yet still had issues with the keypads. They claimed interference from neighbor's wifi but also said they never have issues in NYC where there are myriad interfering wifi networks. 

Just now, Haze said:

Over 100 devices. not sure what dealer did when upgrading. Just know prior config was reviewed by C4 and the Pinnacle dealer and they approved it, yet still had issues with the keypads. They claimed interference from neighbor's wifi but also said they never have issues in NYC where there are myriad interfering wifi networks. 

Well, they must splitted your network over two or more controllers. Also with some WiFi Scanners one can pick the less noisy ZB channels across, not so sure what can be done after C4 intervened! Probably patience and tuning is what you need.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.