C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset locks show status but don't respond to commands after OS 3.3 update

I would have your dealer log into the project and check to see if the lock has a high number of inbound or outbound failures in the zigbee network.

I would check the RSSI of the lock in the zigbee network.

I would remove it from the mesh network first (both from the device and Composer) and then re-add before deleting the driver and re-doing all of the custom programming.

I recommend not using rechargeable batteries.  I recommend using alkaline batteries.  

1 hour ago, Jeff W said:

I would have your dealer log into the project and check to see if the lock has a high number of inbound or outbound failures in the zigbee network.

I would check the RSSI of the lock in the zigbee network.

I would remove it from the mesh network first (both from the device and Composer) and then re-add before deleting the driver and re-doing all of the custom programming.

I recommend not using rechargeable batteries.  I recommend using alkaline batteries.  

Much appreciated all stuff I can't really do (except batteries which are brand new alkaline). Hard part is lock state is accurately updated just won't listen to the C4 commands. 

For everyone's knowledge.  It was 2 kwikset locks both had same problem. No errors, RSSI was good dealer did #3 remove and readd to mesh and they started working properly again. Just in case anyone has the same problem after updating to OS 3.3. Guessing the zigbee update did something unexpected. Thanks for the information. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.