C4 Forums | Control4

Sync 2 switches

born2dive

Question

Hi there, this may be pretty simple but I have not been able to work it out!

Use case: I have a bathroom with 2 light switches: one for the main light and other for an LED accent backlight behind the mirror.  I want both lights to turn on/off using either switch.  So either switch when pressed will turn both on or both off.  I don't have composer pro to change the bindings and I am using composer HE.  Is there a way to do this programmatically or should I just call my dealer to change how these switches are linked?

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

you could also use the dimmer load group driver. This allows multiple lights to be controlled by a single driver and acts more like a single load driver. You could also program on light level changing that the other light set itself to the same level if you want to do it your self with out pro. We have covered this topic in our Composer Home Training yet, but it is a curious idea that I might just look into now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.