C4 Forums | Control4

Troubles making my own Android TV Driver

dmcvie

Hello there,

I recently added an Android TV to my C4 system and I would really like to control it with the C4 remote. I've tried to "find" an IR driver, but so far, no luck. Yes, I see the Chowmain has a driver, but its IP and I'd rather not screw with the OS image on the box. the device is a TVIP TV Box v.605 (product on Amazon).

I've tried to use an existing driver (VCR) and modify the IR codes and add a few custom ones. I've captured the IR codes using the EA-3 in the rack. This seems to work for the IR codes, but it is missing the HDMI connection so I can't connect it to the correct input. When I use a DVD player driver with HDMI output and then modify it, the IR codes don't work.

It seems that the frequency(?) or the base driver (VCR or DVD) is impacting the way the IR is transmitted back to the device? Seems strange, as I would have expected the captured IR code to just be transmitted, regardless of the base driver used.

Any suggestions? - Thanks in advance!

David

Hi Matt, 

Just took a look at that. I think it might be a good solution as I cant get the required app installed on the box to use the Chowmain driver. I was hoping to get this done with a C$ driver, but may have to go with the irusb solution. Thanks

On 12/14/2022 at 10:30 AM, Matt Lowe said:

have you checked out the irusb from videostorm?

Hey Matt, upon further investigation it looks like irUSB needs an app installed on the device that the dongle will be plugged into. There is no obvious way to do this in the UI and I don't want to start screwing around with the device. SO, it looks like I am back to an IR solution.

-Dave

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.