C4 Forums | Control4

Does anyone know how to access Outside Air Temp in Composer programming?

robgoldin

The "Weather" screen pulls local weather from somewhere in the ether.  Is it possible to access that local area outside air temperature for use in programming.  I did install an outdoor temp sensor, which I can connect to a C4-Z210 if I need to, however, I'd much prefer to use the generic local area temp pulled from the internet if there is a way to do that.  Thanks in advance for any help with this.

1 hour ago, robgoldin said:

The "Weather" screen pulls local weather from somewhere in the ether.  Is it possible to access that local area outside air temperature for use in programming.  I did install an outdoor temp sensor, which I can connect to a C4-Z210 if I need to, however, I'd much prefer to use the generic local area temp pulled from the internet if there is a way to do that.  Thanks in advance for any help with this.

I use chowmain’s Open Weather Map to determine if it’s going to rain tomm, when it does I turn off all outdoor electric outlets just as a precautionary step to prevent any issues!

2 hours ago, robgoldin said:

There is a free, C4-developed driver called "Weather Station" which allows you to program off its variables, including outside temp. (I use wind chill to dynamically adjust my patio heaters.)

9 hours ago, booch said:

There is a free, C4-developed driver called "Weather Station" which allows you to program off its variables, including outside temp. (I use wind chill to dynamically adjust my patio heaters.)

Is this driver still exists? I thought when IBM acquired Weatherunderground it dies with it! What is the service that was built upon it?

Intresting, the driver already in my project! As I have a personal weather Station that was feeding WU for years, IBM granted my am account and I kept my integrations intacted.  What is intresting driver still supports WU as well as Control4, C4 info:

Control4 OS: 3.3.1.639488-res
Controller: XDT_EA5
Driver: Weather Station
Version: 209
Selected Service: Control4
Driver Information: Forecast updated Sun Jan  1 20:07:02 2023 (20:28:46 01/01/23)
Last Update: Sun Jan  1 20:07:02 2023
Longitude: xx.xx
Latitude: xx.xx
Update Interval: 30
Scale: CELSIUS

And this is WU driver Info:

Selected Service: WU
API Key (WU): xxx 
Driver Information: A Weather Underground API key is required to use the WU service
Last Update: Sun Jan  1 20:07:02 2023
Longitude: xx.xx
Latitude: xx.xx
Update Interval: 30
Scale: CELSIUS

So I remebered now why I switched to Chowmain, I needed a rain indicator and was only avaible via OpenWeather!

17 hours ago, booch said:

Thanks booch--that's exactly what I was looking for!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.