C4 Forums | Control4

Old gen Dimmers with latest OS 3.3.2

Schaeffer

• 1 month later...

Hi all

My dealer has recently upgraded to the latest OS 3.3.2 and I have downloaded the latest Composer Home Edition SW on my PC.  I`m logged and being able to program lots of things, but I can`t seem to be able to program (execute or toggle) lighting scenes.  I am able to create new lighting scenes via the Agent Advanced Lighting.

The way I am trying to do this is my simply selecting a Keypad under programming and selecing Advanced Lighting under the Actions section in the right hand side of HE, but nothing shows up in the Advancec Lighting Actions below - I would expect all my lighting scenes to show on this list, but it is simply blanck

Am I doing something wrong?

15 minutes ago, Schaeffer said:

Hi all

My dealer has recently upgraded to the latest OS 3.3.2 and I have downloaded the latest Composer Home Edition SW on my PC.  I`m logged and being able to program lots of things, but I can`t seem to be able to program (execute or toggle) lighting scenes.  I am able to create new lighting scenes via the Agent Advanced Lighting.

The way I am trying to do this is my simply selecting a Keypad under programming and selecing Advanced Lighting under the Actions section in the right hand side of HE, but nothing shows up in the Advancec Lighting Actions below - I would expect all my lighting scenes to show on this list, but it is simply blanck

Am I doing something wrong?

Probably best to ask your dealer directly, as they should be able to assist

I'm afraid he may not have a definite answer, as he mentioned some things have changed since the upgrade to OS 3 and he is not sure what is available or not available in HE, as opposed to HE Pro.  I know for a fact that when my system was running OS 2.7 up to 2.9, I was able to select and execute lighting scenes.  But with the latest OS, HE has changed some minor wordings and UI, so I might be going in the wrong place to perform this task.

If anyone with HE running on OS 3 could confirm if this task s still available for us home users, I'd appreciate 

Actually I didn't noticed there was a drop down menu with the Scenes!!!

Before on the earliest versions of HE, all lighting scenes would just show up as a list, just the way they show up when you want to create a new lighting scene under programming on the left hand side of HE

All good now, thanks for your tip!!

4 hours ago, Schaeffer said:

Actually I didn't noticed there was a drop down menu with the Scenes!!

All good now, thanks for your tip!!

I was going to reply that it hasn't changed in literally years, but then remembered that it likely *was* different before 3.0 (when advanced lighting scenes had a major overhaul), so your confusion makes sense.

Glad it's working for you.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.