C4 Forums | Control4

ComposerME - older version

stevemcd

Hi

I have a HC500 with system software 1.7.3.68.

I have read that you should be using the same Composer s/w as the system s/w. - In other words my ComposerME should be 1.7.3.68.

However, it is only 1.7.3.20. I have logged in to my Control4 account and notice that this is the only version available for d/l (ComposerME 1.7.3.20).

Will this create a problem? Or is there a ComposerME that is the later version?

P.S. I assume the same applies to the 1.7.4 version.....

Thanks

Steve

Yes, there are matching software versions for each firmware version.

There is a version 1.7.3.68 ME, your dealer should be able to provide you a download link. If he is unable to do so, I can forward you one.

Hi Cody -

Thanks. Since you are my dealer please forward me the link.. It is strange to me that the Control4 site has the old version....

I will PM you with my email for link.

Steve

Yes' date=' there are matching software versions for each firmware version.

There is a version 1.7.3.68 ME, your dealer should be able to provide you a download link. If he is unable to do so, I can forward you one.[/quote']

Hi Cody -

Thanks. Since you are my dealer please forward me the link.. It is strange to me that the Control4 site has the old version....

I will PM you with my email for link.

Steve

Sounds good Steve :)

• 1 month later...

Help: i'm having problems with my c4 media. i just upgraded my system to 1.7.4 and I think since the comper ME is still 1.7.3.20 i'n not able to play my music or see any of my songs. just talk to my dealer today who told me to download the composer ME 1.7.4 from my C4 account website.

I checked it out but only found the 1.7.3 no later version.

Can anybody send me the link please?

Like I said in your other thread (you really should consolidate them) Composer ME not matching wouldn't cause all of your music to disappear.

In order to help we will need more details as to how your system is setup, where the music resides, etc...

Thanks Dan, After downloading composer ME 1.7.4, the older version 1.73 was uninstalled. This is how my system is setup: HC-300 w/ attached 500GB HDD ( for songs) connected to Denon receiver2309 Ci. to my samsung 50'' LCD TV all on my network including my light switches and dimmers. I ripped my CD on to My ITunes on my desktop. then added songs to composer ME. I see the songs on the composer ME ( desktop) but not on the LCD TV screen. I also have a speaker point for the bedroom which is currently disconnected due to non-fuction speakers. Interestingly I could see the songs at the iphone Nav. when i try to play this master zone), but not on the TV Nav. or the SR-250 . When I try to access the digital media it only shows songs from rhapsody only and ofcourse since my subscription has expired i can play those either. I Appreciate all the help.

I talk to my dealer also, he wants to come when 2.0 comes out. so that he can add new and other equipments.

NB: I will be post a thread about some web IP base irrigation / sprinkler I have found to see If any one could write a driver for it in c4. thanks.

All the music files are in mp3 format, not sure about the bit rate , but i think is 128.

I have tried refreshing, rescan in composer ME, still no good results. I thank you much.

I guess I will have to wait for my dealer to come in.

Do you know when Director 2.0 supposed to come out how much?

All the music files are in mp3 format, not sure about the bit rate , but i think is 128.

I have tried refreshing, rescan in composer ME, still no good results. I thank you much.

I guess I will have to wait for my dealer to come in.

Do you know when Director 2.0 supposed to come out how much?

No release date. $399 MSRP for the upgrade license everyone has to pay (not including hardware that must be upgraded that isn't compatible, the time and labor for the dealer to perform the update).

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, any thoughts on Onkyo 1007 ( 9.2 channel) , Denon, yamaha or Pioneer amp for my new Home theater room? did a bit research and it looks like the onkyo is not bad at all. with its 3 additional audio and video zones. Also will this integrate with my c4? As far as the audio zones are concern, am i better with c4 zone amp? will appreciate your thoughts thanks.

Archived