C4 Forums | Control4

Mikrotik router configuration for Control4 MDU intercom

SGPI

Hi, I am having trouble with Mikrotik router configuration for Control4 MDU intercom. I have followed C4's port forwarding guide, but it still doesn't work. Would anybody know or be to advise on what might be missing/wrong? Thanks!

Prior to configurating the router, I reset it without default configuration. As a result, what I configured is pretty much all there is on it meaning port forward on firewall rules, required port settings on NAT rules plus masquerade, DHCP client and server. That's about it.

Any idea where to look?

4 hours ago, SGPI said:

Prior to configurating the router, I reset it without default configuration. As a result, what I configured is pretty much all there is on it meaning port forward on firewall rules, required port settings on NAT rules plus masquerade, DHCP client and server. That's about it.

Any idea where to look?

Have you spoken to SnapAV support yet?

Here are the network diagram & the port forward requirements that I followed:
Configuring the router in the residence
Connect WAN1 to the residence Internet connection.
Connect WAN2 to the main network switch.
Configure the LAN.
Configure the WAN2 connection with a static IP address.
Enable port forwarding on WAN2. Forward ports 5082, 5083, and 16384-32768(TCP + UDP) to IP address of the controller running Director.

No, I have not spoken to SanpAV. How would I do that?

firewalled_network_-_page-1(1).png

If you're a dealer, you should be able to contact their tech support.. If not, you should probably speak to your installer who should be able to assist (as you will require an installer to deploy the system anyway). 

Also, just to confirm, is this is for an apartment block or something similar?  

3 minutes ago, SGPI said:

I'm an integrator. You're probably referring to C4 support, right?

Indeed, it is for a group of apartments.

OK.. All good.. Just wanted to confirm you were applying it to the correct application (which it sounds like it is, and thats what I wanted to ensure that you weren't going overboard). Unfortunately, haven't set up an MDU myself though, but I did prepare to do one in my last job here in AU once (and rang the standard tech support line who stepped us through how that would work and the setup too). So they should be able to help in US too. You could also try the official tech.control4.com (c4forums isn't actually operated by snap and is an unofficial forum which is also for endusers too) 

Snap one provides a full training course with multiple training videos on how to setup intercom with the communication server for MDU.  It does through using their networking equipment however the principles are the same regardless of network manufacturer.  Note you will need a dual want router per residence.

If after this course you are still confused please reach out to your local SnapOne support team for further assistance 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.