C4 Forums | Control4

Interference on Security system from Video Switch - need help

Hi all,

I am in the process of adding a AVPro based video distribution solution to my sister's home.

But it seems like the video solution (HDBaseT transmitters) seem to be interfering with my Honeywell Ademco (Vista 128BP version 4.4) based security system.

Basically, most of my wireless security devices (motion sensors, glass break sensors) seem to fault and the security panel cannot be armed until I bypass them.

This doesn't happen immediately and takes a few hours to manifest and also a few hours to be operational once i power off the video setup.

Another thing I noticed is that the specific devices that fault are also are not the same each time - they seem to be randomly affected.

And just last week I did notice some wired security devices (door/window contacts) also exhibit similar issues.

So, I am assuming that its some kind of electromagnetic interference (EMI) that is causing this as the AV rack is in the same closet which houses the security panel and the security antenna (both are on the wall about 2-3 feet away).

The funny thing is that I have a similar setup but with a DSC panel in my home and have no issues.

And FYI - I had earlier tried this with a Binary switch as well with the same results.

I have also tried grounding the AV rack itself, even bought some faraday cage type fabric to cover the HDBaseT receivers but no luck.

Any thoughts on what could be the source of my issues and potential options to remediate?

Thanks in advance

On 3/29/2023 at 12:47 PM, lippavisual said:

I’ve never seen nor heard of such a thing.

All your issues point to the security panel.  I’d also look into an external antenna for your wireless sensors. 

I already have an external antenna for the security panel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.