C4 Forums | Control4

Bell 4K Arris VIP7802 IP driver for remote ?

Helix

Hello,

I just converted from a Rogers box which had an IP driver for the control4 remotes 

Does anyone know if there is one available for the Bell Arris VIP7802 android home pvr box? The current remotes with the Bell receiver are Bluetooth. 

I have been using this Android driver and it's been great with VIP7802:

Platforms :: Control4 Drivers :: Audio/Video :: Android TV (drivercentral.io)

One small issue is the REC button doesn't work, I checked with developer and there's no way to enable it!  It's for our own system so it hasn't bothered us too much but would love to know if anyone found a way to fix it.

36 minutes ago, htjunkie said:

One small issue is the REC button doesn't work, I checked with developer and there's no way to enable it!  It's for our own system so it hasn't bothered us too much but would love to know if anyone found a way to fix it.

That’s great, I may just go the IR route to retain all features. 

Not direct access, with IP driver we can use the mini driver for Netflix.  On the remote/app, you'll see an icon for Netflix, Prime, pressing it will go straight to the app, rather than navigating through with the arrow buttons with IR driver.

On 4/16/2023 at 5:11 PM, htjunkie said:

What about the other buttons for Bell? My concern was being able to use other commands like Guide, Menu, Back/recall, etc. I thought Record would be an easy one to have work

On 4/16/2023 at 2:11 PM, htjunkie said:

just add an ir driver and have it issue the record button with ir when it is pressed. Not the solution you want but the solution you need.

On 4/16/2023 at 5:11 PM, htjunkie said:

I'm also wondering how you have this set up. The Bell Fibe TV service doesn't work if the VIP7802 is not plugged into the Bell modem, which would then put the box on a different network (192.168.2.x for Bell), so how were you able to discover the device using the Zank app?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/16/2023 at 12:28 PM, Helix said:

Hello,

I just converted from a Rogers box which had an IP driver for the control4 remotes 

Does anyone know if there is one available for the Bell Arris VIP7802 android home pvr box? The current remotes with the Bell receiver are Bluetooth. 

Would it be possible to get a copy of this driver from you please? I can’t seem to get it in the UK

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.