C4 Forums | Control4

Using Obsolete driver?

timelinex

Composer 3.3.1

I wanted to connect an Honeywell Destiny 6100 security panel to it (I have in the past). It looks like the driver is obsolete so it won't let me add it. I know the usual workaround for c4i files is copying the driver and renaming it. This didn't work on this particular driver and it still recognizes the drive as obsolete. I'm pretty sure it is because it is a control4 driver and the programming isn't actually inside the c4i but it calls it from somewhere else.

It's pretty frustrating that they don't allow us to do what we want with systems that aren't owned by C4. (I would understand giving a "no longer supported" warning.

Any advice?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

The issue presumably is that the driver is based on an old proxy that isn't supported in 3.x

Unless there's a driver made for that panel under the new (well compared to) proxy, you're out of luck.

OK, I understand. That is unfortunate.

I've tried adding security.c4i back into the folder but that doesn't help. It's probably all disconnected and removed now.

Thanks for the help.

The driver is obsolete for a reason. But this is a work around I have had to do in the past.

Find the driver that replaces it in your my drivers folder. Delete the new one.

You will also need to terminal into the controller to remove the new driver if it was ever added to that project.

In composer right click on controller and select terminal. In the window follow these steps. Warning if you remove the wrong thing it could brick things so be careful.
type "cd mnt/internal/c4z" press enter
type "ls -all" press enter

You now have a list of all c4z drivers the controller has. find your driver and the folder

type "rm -r *folder name" press enter

type "rm *drievrname.c4z" press enter

That will remove the old files. At this point reboot controller

This should remove all items telling composer it is obsolete. In composer search for your driver with only the local selection enabled.

21 minutes ago, TFlury said:

The driver is obsolete for a reason. But this is a work around I have had to do in the past.

Find the driver that replaces it in your my drivers folder. Delete the new one.

You will also need to terminal into the controller to remove the new driver if it was ever added to that project.

In composer right click on controller and select terminal. In the window follow these steps. Warning if you remove the wrong thing it could brick things so be careful.
type "cd mnt/internal/c4z" press enter
type "ls -all" press enter

You now have a list of all c4z drivers the controller has. find your driver and the folder

type "rm -r *folder name" press enter

type "rm *drievrname.c4z" press enter

That will remove the old files. At this point reboot controller

This should remove all items telling composer it is obsolete. In composer search for your driver with only the local selection enabled.

I appreciate the reply!

think this won't work as the bigger issue is that the driver is pointing to a proxy that no longer exists (the programming for the driver isn't on the actual driver). So getting it on the controller doesn't help.

I'm still glad you replied as I'll put your technique in my pocket for other times!

3 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

This should not work at all in this scenario, this is a security driver and the complete proxy simply isn't supported.

That's fair, I missed that part. I had to do it for an old HSIM driver but that one was not proxy related.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.