C4 Forums | Control4

eARC

dreres

Question

9 answers to this question

Back story is the Roku was hooked into the receiver and an avpro HDMI extender to the projector. However I have been having issues with the 4k video blacking out the screen every few seconds. In talking with avpro it's the limitation of the cat5e. So my thought was to put the Roku at the projector and watch the audio back to the receiver. I am open to any other recommendations.

13 minutes ago, dreres said:

Back story is the Roku was hooked into the receiver and an avpro HDMI extender to the projector. However I have been having issues with the 4k video blacking out the screen every few seconds. In talking with avpro it's the limitation of the cat5e. So my thought was to put the Roku at the projector and watch the audio back to the receiver. I am open to any other recommendations.

That’s interesting. Are they saying it’s because of the receiver?  

I have 10 AV Pro baluns in my house doing 4k all through CAT5e. I did have an issue where I was getting random black outs, like sometimes after 30 min, some times after an hour, then a random one again on 8 of the 10 baluns. They RMA’d all 8, and the replacements don’t seem to have the issue at all. Although 1 of the 8 introduced a new problem where I was getting blackouts and some snow in the image every 30secs to 1 min. We determined it was a bad HDMI port on the balun, so they are currently RMAing that one now. 

AC-Ex70-444 kits

https://www.avproedge.com/ac-ex70-444.html

What helped the installer was since we had so many in our system project, we could easily swap baluns with a known working one that was on a different tv and show the different balun worked just fine in the location that was having issue. Then put the “broken” balun on a TV that was working previously fine, and the problem was present. So clearly following the balun. 

Additionally I’m sure they mentioned this to you as well, but ensuring all your HDMI cables is at least 2 meters in length. During the troubleshooting of the 8 baluns we did swap all the HDMI cables in the setup to be at least 2 meters. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.