C4 Forums | Control4

Setting up security system automation for dog walker, cleaning lady, etc

I need some help with programming idea

We have people that come into our home. They have a custom door lock code that is only active during certain times/days. I know it is bad form to save your alarm code in C4 for auto alarm disarming. However I don't like not having the alarm active and I'm sure it would be a problem with our insurance company if there was a break-in. What do people do? 

I know there is an occupancy driver being developed for android geofencing (we are an android household). I was thinking some type of programming that looked to see if our phones were home when the dog walker/cleaning lady unlocks the front door;or I could base on alarm status - if alarm stay (stay - due to the dog and risk of motion trigger) and dog/cleaning unlocks the door then i would get C4 to disarm alarm or emulate the alarm keypad to enter the code to disarm. To leave I may create a button at the front door that they press (no alarm keypad only c4 keypad) to set the alarm to stay mode. I was trying to think of the whatif if they forget to re-arm the alarm - how could I trigger auto-re-arm and that would be based on a timer of how long they are expected to stay (dog walker 10 min / cleaning lady 6 hours) and occupancy/geofencing. Hopefully the driver being created works on geofencing thru wifi and not bluetooth so it would protect us from accidental re-arm if we were out in the backyard (we have an outdoor AP). 

Any other ideas/methods?

You have two options, if they come at a consistent time you can set alarm to disarm before they arrive or attach it to the door code. I actually do #2 and it works pretty well. It also turns on their music, opens all the shades, turns on all the lights etc. I use snapshot driver to take a "pic" of the house when they enter the code and then that is recalled when they leave. I do have a custom button variable for if I'm in my office I can set that to "on" and when cleaners come a special snapshot is taken that doesn't include my office and thus that room is unaffected by them coming or going (music, lights, shades, etc). You can do IFFTT integration for some geofencing and if you live far enough down a driveway could get that to work reliably but I don't see anyone hacking into my C4 anytime soon to find the alarm code. My 2 cents. 

So I have looked under programming and actions and I cannot find where I can create a "if unlocked by xxx user" or "if unlocked by xxx code" in the yale driver. Am I looking in the wrong place?

image.png.5b9ffe9c230ee1c6e2c49f4716665cbf.png

In the programming it doesn't allow me to select a specific user or code

7 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

So I have looked under programming and actions and I cannot find where I can create a "if unlocked by xxx user" or "if unlocked by xxx code" in the yale driver. Am I looking in the wrong place?

image.png.5b9ffe9c230ee1c6e2c49f4716665cbf.png

In the programming it doesn't allow me to select a specific user or code

There is a variable for the last user if you expand the device variables, you can either use the user number based variable or the name

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.