C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron Switches and Control4 Keypads

I am designing a project using the new Lutron Caseta Diva and Claro switches for most lighting loads. Would it work to have a couple of Control4 Keypads (AC Powered) to trigger scenes controlling the Lutron loads? I don't want to have to spend a lot of money to have all the switches be C4, but I do still want a couple of keypads throughout the house.

Thanks for the help!

7 hours ago, Carter Hobson said:

I am designing a project using the new Lutron Caseta Diva and Claro switches for most lighting loads. Would it work to have a couple of Control4 Keypads (AC Powered) to trigger scenes controlling the Lutron loads? I don't want to have to spend a lot of money to have all the switches be C4, but I do still want a couple of keypads throughout the house.

Thanks for the help!

Yes.  This is pretty common.  I do this in my house.  

On 6/18/2023 at 7:24 PM, LollerAgent said:

Yes.  This is pretty common.  I do this in my house.  

Do you trigger pre-made scenes in the Lutron side of things or create your scenes in Control4? I have heard you can do it both ways but just seeing what other people have done in this case.

7 hours ago, Carter Hobson said:

Do you trigger pre-made scenes in the Lutron side of things or create your scenes in Control4? I have heard you can do it both ways but just seeing what other people have done in this case.

I create scenes in ALS (C4 advanced lighting scenes) -- because many of my scenes typically combine Lutron+Hue+DMX.  In my experience, I still get the "popcorn" effect when triggering Lutron scenes from C4 -- so it didn't make much of a difference for me.

I have done this in my home. I have a few C4 switches to trigger double and triple tap scenes, and also to carry the zigbee mesh around.
More and more though, i am considering replacing the C4 switches with lutron and adding in wall mounted Pico remotes for areas where i want a scene to be executed. I have used the picos to do this in one room and i think i prefer it over the triple tap solution

On 6/20/2023 at 9:55 PM, dinom said:

You should not get the popcorn effect using Lutron scenes. Something is not configured correctly if you are. Did you create phantom buttons in the repeater that are controlling the scenes?

Can the RA2 Select driver do phantom buttons?  I can't remember.  I think my popcorn effect is mainly due to the different types of fixtures that are combined on a single load -- they are under cabinet fixed LED's and some are daisy chained, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.