C4 Forums | Control4

Blinds programming

Hof

Hi! Im trying to set window blinds to open and close during specific time of the day. I set this:
When blind XY is fully opened
If time is between XXpm and YYpm
Set the blind target level on blind XY to closed

I click on execute but actually nothing happened...

Im new with composer so do I missing smt or am I completely wrong?

Thanks!

use the scheduler to schedule your time for blinds action.

2- your above trigger is on the blinds being opened, so that will only execute when the blinds are set to open from a different position (closed or partial open)

Control4 has a current bug (reference LIGHT-3612) with shade programming effecting all shade drivers. You cannot use Open or Close.  Toggle / Stop commands are not affected

To get around this issue please utilise Open Target Level or Close Target Level.

15 hours ago, alanchow said:

Control4 has a current bug (reference LIGHT-3612) with shade programming effecting all shade drivers. You cannot use Open or Close.  Toggle / Stop commands are not affected

To get around this issue please utilise Open Target Level or Close Target Level.

Yep, thats it! Thanks!

On 6/20/2023 at 2:19 AM, c4toys said:

use the scheduler to schedule your time for blinds action.

2- your above trigger is on the blinds being opened, so that will only execute when the blinds are set to open from a different position (closed or partial open)

Yes, you are right.

I use scheduler if time is between XX and YY>Set blind target level to 50

But its not starting automatically. If I click on execute during respective time, its working. But not automatically. Is there any chance how to force it to do that automatically?

Thanks!

No you're not using a schedule to set the blinds - you're using the action of 'when blinds are opened' to then CHECK the schedule if the time is xx/yy to set them to 50%

Your thinking is backwards of what it needs to be.

I assume that what you WANT to happen is:

During a specific time of the day, IF the blinds are fully open, set them to 50% instead.

Programming wise you would create a schedule event at time xx.

WHEN {that scheduled event happens}

IF the blind is fully open
	set blind to 50% {note the indent here, if the set blinds isn't looking like that, the IF statement isn;t working}

You could still have the programming you did as well, which would force the blinds back to 50% if someone were to open them (if that is what you want) but you'll want to add a delay at the front (a second should be fine here) to ensure you're not sending too many commands to the blind/blind bridge to register. Aslo, again, ensure the 'set blinds' is properly indented under the if statement

Thank you! Its working now 🙂

Anyway one more issue... There is a weather station I cant control and I dont see it in composer pro. When the wind reaches some kind of speed all the blinds go up. Is there any function to force it down again automatically after alarm is over?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.