C4 Forums | Control4

CES 2010 - What's new from Control4, their partners, and more.

So in my case I am still on the trail for the ControlUI C4 app. So if I pay the $300 what happens when 2.0 comes out?

Those of us that have already shelled out the $300 would like to know as well.

I see ya point. I'm in this $300 camp too, but you can't turn back the clock, and seriously what all these announcements prove to me ( as a customer) is C4 is serious about opening up their platform with 2.0 and the app store and release of a navigator onto multiple portable devices ( my family has 6!)

I reckon the company should be congratulated on these developments! Bring them on. Makes me real happy about chosing them as my home auto platform. Exciting times. I truely believe the C4 product is going to come of age with this fantastic new attitude coming from the company....

Several questions.

1) Will the energy management run from the interface of 2.0 or do you need the new box?

2) Do you need the new thermostats for it to work or will it work with old?

3) What is the difference between the new t-stats and the old?

4) Any further word on when 2.0 will be out?

5) I was confused on the new pricing for iphones etc. just 9.99 a month for all iphones, ipod touches, androids in one house and no $300 or what?

Thanks for any insight or additional information

No additional info has been published about release dates. As currently announced it will be some time in the 1st half of 2010. Since it has not been released to general dealer beta yet my *guess* is it will be between 3 to 6 months if the beta tests go well.

5) I was confused on the new pricing for iphones etc. just 9.99 a month for all iphones, ipod touches, androids in one house and no $300 or what?

I have asked for some clarification on this in the dealer forum. If I can post additional info about it here I will.

The announcements mentions a "the Control4 Mobile Navigator/4Sight bundle" for $9.99 per month. I am speculating here but it could be that there will be different offerings for the Mobile Navigator license.

Here are my thoughts on the Control4 Mobile Navigator and 4site bundle.

My initial thoughts are that this is a browser based navigator. 4site optimized for mobile devices.

I can't imagine this would be the native iPhone app developed by ControlUI. If the iPhone app costs $300 plus dealer installation costs, it would take almost 3 years at $10/month to make the money back (assuming all the subscription fee goes to ControlUI). Why would ControlUI want to cut into their sales? Maybe this subscription model guarantees them a steady revenue stream and there may make more money because some 4site users (like myself) wouldn't purchase the app.

Either way, it sounds like it's just going to be 4site optimized for mobile browsers.

Here are my thoughts on the Control4 Mobile Navigator and 4site bundle.

My initial thoughts are that this is a browser based navigator. 4site optimized for mobile devices.

I can't imagine this would be the native iPhone app developed by ControlUI. If the iPhone app costs $300 plus dealer installation costs, it would take almost 3 years at $10/month to make the money back (assuming all the subscription fee goes to ControlUI). Why would ControlUI want to cut into their sales? Maybe this subscription model guarantees them a steady revenue stream and there may make more money because some 4site users (like myself) wouldn't purchase the app.

Either way, it sounds like it's just going to be 4site optimized for mobile browsers.

I agree. The other thing to think about is probably 40% or 50% of that $300 goes to the dealer, not ControlUI or Control4.

But still, I agree with what you're saying.

1) Will the energy management run from the interface of 2.0 or do you need the new box?

The EMS-100 system with the energy thermostat is a completely separate offering from the residential or hospitality offerings, and is going to be offered to utilities and others who would subsidize or provide them for their customers.

Similar functionality will likely be offered by Control4 partners for the OS 2.0 4Store Application Store. Peak Software is showing (with pictures linked in another thread) graphing / usage software for use with the TED5000, for example.

2) Do you need the new thermostats for it to work or will it work with old?

The EMS-100 system works with the new thermostat, but if you already had a Control4 system, the EMS-100 system could be used as a touchpanel within your existing system, and could use the Control4 thermostat.

3) What is the difference between the new t-stats and the old?

Market, and availability. The new thermostat is for the utility industry specifically for this purpose, and is not available to the residential market. It is also somewhat less full-featured than the residential thermostat.

Nope.

I'm also still slightly confused. I suggest you wait and details will settle out. As nothing will really change until OS 2.0 is released, I'd think it would be cleared up by then.

:)

RyanE

Archived