C4 Forums | Control4

20inch c4 touchscreen?

big.bigs

This is a double post, but I will post here as well I guess. You really should just keep this to one thread.

I have the "win navigator" as it is called. Yes, the one that theoretically doesn't exist. I can tell you that what is shown in the video is either a much newer and more optimized version of what I have (mine is about 8 months old). The Win Navigator is "crashy" to say the least. I haven't used it in months because it is such an unreliable interface. In fact, I haven't ever used it other than playing around.

Please don't email me and ask if I can send it to you or ask where I got it. The fact of the matter is as much as you think you might want it, you don't

Tacky. Looks like a slow bootleg of the iPhone app on a tv somehow.

Well, that is running quicker/smoother than Win Navigator does. It sure doesn't look like WinNavigtor. I haven't fired it up in a while, but I know I remember a "toolbar" going across the top that isn't present on that display.

like i said in the other post. it is 1.6 win nav displayed on one of the hp all in one touch smart pc,s it is in a maximized form. if you have win nav and are crafty you can take the "window box" that is around it off and set it to full screen. like i said before boring. and from my perspective win nav runs faster than that.

It's *not* Win Navigator.

It's obviously the iPhone interface, not the QT Navigator.

I don't know much about iPhones, so how they'd be doing it necessarily, but it's certainly not Win Navigator.

RyanE

Sure didn't look like Win Navigator to me.

Has anyone seen this (probably a fake) video? If so is it real? is it that web navigator thing?

Video info

"this is actually an ipod touch running vnc server from a hp touchscreen client. It is slightly more responsive(!) than some of our 7in touchpanels and the gui is better(e.g. no scroll wheels...). don't really need it, just did it to see how well it would work... Doesn't seem to be in violation of the EULA, but does bring up an interesting scenario where you would mount one i pod touch in the wall somewhere with just power and have 5+ pc's access just the one ipod. Sure if two people wanted to use it at the same time someone would have to wait and there would be only one default room but it's an idea. Also if you have multiple itouches or iphones you make one the server and buy 1 licence and vnc into it from the other ones... however, if it's not againts the license terms now it could easily made so in the future... "

Interesting way to go about doing this, to bad I don't have an iPod to try this.

Archived