C4 Forums | Control4

Area monitoring for Luma Insight Bridge

I currently have a set of Luma x20 cameras, and I recently bought a Luma Insights Bridge that will be installed soon.  I already have four region intrusion areas set up on each of my Luma cameras; I used the local web-based interfaces for the cameras to do this.  Will the Insights Bridge use the same 4 areas for monitoring on each camera, or will my dealer need to set up completely independent monitoring areas for each camera on OvrC for the Bridge?

I ask, because I'm wondering if I can tweak the Insights Bridge areas myself using the camera web interfaces, or if I am going to need to get my dealer involved every time I want to tweak them.  

Thanks a lot.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:01 AM, msgreenf said:

Luma insights bridge uses different regions that can only be setup via ovrc

The bridge is installed, but I must be doing something dumb. No matter how much I jump up and down in the camera's field of view, nothing ever shows up in history, and notifications never arrive in the app. I have tried forcing test events in all 4 streams, and they don't work either.  

We have checked: cameras are assigned in OvrC; we had areas of interest configured previously, and now they are cleared, just to maximize the chance of a trigger; Composer shows the bridge as online and all 4 streams as "operating"; notifications for all cameras are active in the iOS app; C4 app is allowed to send notifications in iOS; the live feeds from the cameras show up fine on Touchscreens and the app; and, I refreshed navigators.  Yet, nothing shows up in the history of the cameras on touch screens or app, and no notifications arrive.  

Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

It doesn't sound like you are... 

Ugh, I was afraid of that.

When I click on history and then the filter icon, it doesn't show me any options related to the cameras. Is that a problem, or is that to be expected?

12 hours ago, msgreenf said:

It should show you events if you have them. 

It does not show any events. And, it also doesn't fire events programmatically in my tests.

I'm wondering if all this could be related to my Synology NVR setup.  I have Luma X20 cameras, and the Synology occupies two separate streams on the cameras.  As I understand it, Stream 1 goes to the local Synology NVR, while Stream 2 goes to Synology's cloud servers as an off-site backup.  Is it possible that the Luma Bridge is trying and failing to access to one of those streams? If that theory seems plausible, I can try mucking around with my NVR setup to see if it solves the problem.

2 hours ago, DLite said:

Fair enough! I will tinker.

For the record, that didn't help!  I also find it puzzling that the timestamps in the Luma device logs (and the event times reported in Composer) are all in terms of GMT, and it doesn't seem to want to sync to my time zone.

I think it is time to throw in the towel and call tech support.

48 minutes ago, DLite said:

Mine shows as active. I wondered if a separate license for Insights needed to be set up, but my dealer said no.

There is. But it is included right now. In the future there will be a charge but you get 3 years free included with the bridge purchase

@DLite @msgreenf A few questions, please, regarding Luma Insights: 

1. Is the region intrusion / line crossing and motion detection more accurate when using Insights as compared to the results when using the native (out of the box) features on the Luma X20 cameras?
  2. Can the region intrusion / line crossing and motion detection identified by Insights be used to trigger an action as defined by Composer?
    1. what is the relationship between Insights and Composer?
  3. Have you encountered issues when requesting high resolution snapshots from the Luma X20 cameras via API in which the timestamp of the image sent is from hours prior to the API request?
    1. this issue does not present when requesting low resolution snapshots, only the highest quality resolution.
    2. interestingly, this issue only started presenting about 2.5 months ago (curiously when the Luma Insights product launched; perhaps a firmware update inadvertently caused this issue)

thank you

18 hours ago, msgreenf said:

1 no

2 yes

3 haven't tried 

Well, I rebooted my controller today, to see if that would fix it.  And, now my touch screens won't work and composer won't connect.  I see "Broker is not connected to Director. The connection status is: 'Exception: Error reading Token from JsonReader. Path."  I rebooted again and got the same error.  Any ideas?

Man, I am regretting this Bridge installation!  

17 minutes ago, DLite said:

Well, I rebooted my controller today, to see if that would fix it.  And, now my touch screens won't work and composer won't connect.  I see "Broker is not connected to Director. The connection status is: 'Exception: Error reading Token from JsonReader. Path."  I rebooted again and got the same error.  Any ideas?

Man, I am regretting this Bridge installation!  

Is a factory reset of my EA-5 controller required here?

@msgreenf  Thank you for your reply.  Absent improved analytics, I struggle to see the use case for this product.  I was really hoping for better detection, facial recognition, and license plate reading.  I would pay for that.  Even better would be a virtual guard service that a C4 homeowner could activate during vacations or time away from a specific property when unattended.  SnapAv has potential for incremental revenue here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.