C4 Forums | Control4

C4 remote display

I seem to have done something to get the display to turn off on the remote. How do I turn it back on since I can't see the display to pull up the list?

I apologize if this is a C4 101 question, but the person that used to handle my C4 has fallen off the face so I have NO idea how to do anything. Including making sure my system is up to date. I'm working on finding a new service provider, but I need to get this remote thing figured out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

Remote model would be helpful.

Honestly, if you changed the batteries and still have no display, it's probably broken. I'll guess it's a version 1 remote which had LSC issues when dropped. The SR-250's are MUCH more resistant to screen damage, as my kids can put them through quite a workout.

I'm pretty sure it's the newest remote, but I'll check when I get home tonight. I went to list, remote, display and it just cut out after that. I changed the batteries and reset the system, but no luck. Thanks for the response. Guess I'm gonna have to get a move on with finding someone who can help me with it....

What color is the display? Is it yellow text on a black background, or a backlit LCD, which was more of a black text on grey background?

The SR-250 is a yellow OLED screen.

The v.1 and v.2 remotes were LCD screens. As jberger mentioned, they were much more susceptible to having the display break due to the remote being dropped or otherwise mishandled (although the v.2 were *much* improved in that regard).

Sorry to say, but if you have pulled the batteries, left them out for some time, and put them back in, and you still have no display, that does point to a hardware failure.

RyanE

Archived