C4 Forums | Control4

SR-260 stopped working after removing batteries

Hello. Today, I removed my SR-260s batteries and it wont turn on. Remote was fully functional before and Im hoping I can get this fixed. It is a cradle model, and I put new batteries in it to see it if would work with no luck. I really dont want to buy another remote and im hoping I can get this fixed.

So don't take this wrong way: you sure the batteries are in correctly?

Are you sure it's actually off and it isn't the screen that is super dim?

Are the back-light of the buttons turning on on inserting the batteries? If so, remove batteries, press and hold room off and the red 4 button and reinsert batteries (extra pair of hands can be useful here) and keep holding those buttons until you see something pop up on the screen (or 1 minute if nothing shows)

I will try this. I inserted the batteries correctly and placed it on the cradle over night. I woke up to a very high pitched sound that was coming from the SR-260. Usually this is just discharge from the battery so I'm not very worried about that. No response from the remote this morning.

Ive tried the method of holding down room off and the 4 button with no success. Also cleaned the contacts again. I can tell that the battery is giving the remote power because of the discharge thing SR-260s like to do.