C4 Forums | Control4

Random Push Notifications After Reboot

I have noticed that whenever I do a reboot of the Core3 (main controller) in my system, after it  comes back online, Control4 sends random push notifications that I have programmed. For example, I have push notifications for when Shelly water sensors detect water. Any time I reboot, I end up getting several false water detection notifications, sometimes even 2 hours later. I check in the Shelly app, and there has not been any water detected, so again, the notifications are clearly false. And I don't get false notifications otherwise, only after a reboot. 

Any ideas why this is happening? It isn't a big deal, as I can ignore the notifications, but it is strange. 

• BY96 changed the title to Random Push Notifications After Reboot

1 hour ago, BY96 said:

I have noticed that whenever I do a reboot of the Core3 (main controller) in my system, after it  comes back online, Control4 sends random push notifications that I have programmed. For example, I have push notifications for when Shelly water sensors detect water. Any time I reboot, I end up getting several false water detection notifications, sometimes even 2 hours later. I check in the Shelly app, and there has not been any water detected, so again, the notifications are clearly false. And I don't get false notifications otherwise, only after a reboot. 

Any ideas why this is happening? It isn't a big deal, as I can ignore the notifications, but it is strange. 

i have the same issue with the now discontinued Tuya agent with my Tuya water sensors.  Sure its no big deal, except when my controller reboots overnight and I get urgent notices, that bypass my silence notification, saying I have a water leak, when I dont.

I was told they are not developing any more for the Tuya agent/driver as it is not for sale anymore, so I am SOL and get woken up 1-3x a year.

I really hadn't thought about it, but I do think all the false push notifications I get after a reboot are for Shelly devices (with the Chowmain driver). I don't remember seeing other push notifications coming through. 

1 minute ago, SpencerT said:

Same thing happens to me after a reboot with Kasa plugs setup for power monitoring.

I have Kasa plugs and Chowmain driver too, but I don't have any push notifications related to them. 

1 hour ago, BY96 said:

I have Kasa plugs and Chowmain driver too, but I don't have any push notifications related to them. 

We use them mostly on washers and dryers and Kohler digital showers. This is one of the only 2 nits I have with the driver - the first being voice announcements 4 hours later after a reboot, and the second being no decimal ability for power monitoring (4 or 5, not 4.2 - whole numbers only). Other than that, the power monitoring is awesome.  

7 hours ago, msgreenf said:

@Andrew luecke looks like you are not persisting data…

This shouldn't affect anything. We don't update the initial state until it is confirmed actually, so a flood state should only be received if there is a flood.

9 hours ago, BY96 said:

It could be worth checking the flood sensor firmware is up to date too. I do recall seeing this issue with some old firmware though

Otherwise, can you please lodge a support ticket: https://chowmain.software/for-integrators/technical-support

Funny - I started getting random notifications on a contact switch simple contact witch connected to the contact on a EA5, I have replaced the contact switch, the cable between the contact switch to the EA5 and I am still getting random notifications (notification is when my front gate opens) - Gate isnt open and it keeps sending notifications.

7 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

This shouldn't affect anything. We don't update the initial state until it is confirmed actually, so a flood state should only be received if there is a flood.

It could be worth checking the flood sensor firmware is up to date too. I do recall seeing this issue with some old firmware though

Otherwise, can you please lodge a support ticket: https://chowmain.software/for-integrators/technical-support

For Tuya - they aren’t false notices.  When my controller reboots I just get a message with their current state.  But still wakes me up regardless.  

10 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

I checked in the Shelly app, a few of the flood sensors were not up to date on firmware, but they weren't necessarily the ones sending the false push notifications. I updated them all and can test later. 

If the problem continues, I will submit a support ticket. 

Thanks for your help!