C4 Forums | Control4

Home Theater intro prior to playing movie

My search in this forum didn't produce any matching results. I'm looking for more info on how I can setup C4 to play an intro movie before a movie starts. It can simply be triggered by an action button or alexa command. Intro video starts and then I choose a movie to play.

Can anyone point me to what they may have done, come across or any other suggestions or ideas? I am 3.x. I have Apple TV for playback. I used to have a Dune and can likely hook it back up if needed. Currently, my home theater does not have the C4 controller screen/UI connected.

Thanks,

AJ

This is very dependent about what you are using for playing a movie.  What do you mean by "before a movie starts".  Like  you start a movie in Netflix or Amazon Prime Video or some other streaming app?  Then this isn't possible unless you have a macro run a convoluted process when you first turn on the TV and before you get into the UI of the streaming app.

If you are using an app like Plex, Jellyfin or Kodi then you should be able to do this.  It is called a preroll video.

Here is how you do this in Plex: https://support.plex.tv/articles/202920803-extras/

To specify a pre-roll video, simply enter the full path to the file (e.g. /Users/sarah/Movies/preroll.mp4). You can also specify multiple videos; how you specify them will determine how they behave:

• Separate videos with a comma: all specified pre-roll videos will be played sequentially:
    /Users/sarah/Movies/preroll-1.mp4,/Users/sarah/Movies/preroll-2.mkv,/Users/sarah/Movies/preroll-3.mp4

•  

5 hours ago, RAV said:

Get a little SD media player from Amazon, load some videos, plug into an input.
Treat as a source.

Or a memory stick and plug it into the USB port.  Often TVs can play a video file that way.  Do a macro in C4 to repeat that action and to that when you are starting a movie.