C4 Forums | Control4

Is It Possible To Map A Hard Button To Control A Color Button

I am using a Video Storm IRUSB to control an Android box. In the IRUSB driver I can set the red, blue, green or yellow button to long press enter. I am using a Touch remote and want to set one of the hard buttons as the long press enter button. In Composer, when programming, I do not see anywhere under Actions to and one of the color buttons. Is there a way to map or program one of the hard buttons to activate one of the color buttons? If not, is there another way to long press enter?

The touch doesn't have genric hard buttons, so the only thing you could really do is at a room level:

WHEN command {whatever unused button available on the halo touch is available, say STOP} is received
IF {room} selected device is androidTV
	send command {colour} to AndroidTV

3 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

The touch doesn't have genric hard buttons, so the only thing you could really do is at a room level:

WHEN command {whatever unused button available on the halo touch is available, say STOP} is received

I can't seem to find {colour} in the Action programming panel. Could you point me in the right direction?

1 hour ago, Baubas Cat said:

I can't seem to find {colour} in the Action programming panel. Could you point me in the right direction?

Source driver, IR code, or 'device specific commands' - depends on the driver.

If the driver doesn't have it...in your case you may be able to use the room, and send {colour} command. {colour} of course denotes that you add red, green etc depending on which one you wnat

17 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Source driver, IR code, or 'device specific commands' - depends on the driver.

If the driver doesn't have it...in your case you may be able to use the room, and send {colour} command. {colour} of course denotes that you add red, green etc depending on which one you wnat

The driver doesn't have the colors for programing. I was trying to find a {colour} in the room for programing but I don't see any. No red, blue, green or yellow. I see them in the Device Events but not in the Device Actions. I would like to program, When command 'Stop' is received - Send command 'Blue' to Room. Where do I find {colour}?

On 4/14/2024 at 10:30 PM, Cyknight said:

May I ask a really dumb question, been seeing alot of the "WHEN" programming but when I look at composer in the programing sections I only see Else , And Or etc - what am I missing where does the "WHEN" condition come from?

The 'WHEN' is not a statement, it's a description of the triggering of the programming.

In Composer programming, that's the event that happens, which is in the left pane in programming.

The description (which does say 'When') is at the top of the programming screen once selected in the events pane.

For example: When Office -> Office Lights turn on...  [do this].

RyanE

1 hour ago, RyanE said:

The 'WHEN' is not a statement, it's a description of the triggering of the programming.

In Composer programming, that's the event that happens, which is in the left pane in programming.

The description (which does say 'When') is at the top of the programming screen once selected in the events pane.

For example: When Office -> Office Lights turn on...  [do this].

RyanE

Thank you for taking the time to clarify