C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset lock problems

Hello Everyone,

Well to continue my hc1000 dying on me, everything is back up except my locks. We had to recommision the mesh which made everything else work. We made the locks leave the mesh and rejoin the mesh. The locks Id but they do not respond to programming. When you manually change the state the status shows up correctly and really pretty much instantaneously. We cannot send the locks any codes and they will not lock/unlock from the system. My dealer is looking into it and has said that he found some info on the dealer forum that is pretty much the same issue we are having. i hope this gets resolved soon. Once you have these locks, you get used to having them.

Anyone here have problems like this one?

I'm having the identical problem. Lock status shows up correctly, and programming that runs based on status works fine, but I cannot lock or unlock from the the system. I was out of town most of last month and haven't had a chance to talk to my dealer about the issue yet. I would love to hear what you find out.

The lock driver was beta tested, but the 'only communicates one-way' was not an issue that came out in testing, and the driver is getting additional attention (as well as a few new features) in anticipation of the OS 2.0 release.

There *is* a simple workaround to replacing a driver with a newer version without losing the programming. Your dealer can do this, and should know about it from the Dealer Forums.

1) Update the driver in the Composer installation, if necessary

2) Restart Composer if necessary

3) Pull in another copy of the same driver (updated version)

4) Delete the copy you just added

5) Restart Director

Step 3 causes the new driver .c4i file to be pulled onto your controller. Step 4 is because you don't need an additional copy of the driver running in the project. When Director loads after step 5, it will load up the new driver .c4i file that is on the controller, and all of your bindings and programming will still work in the project.

In OS 2.0, there will be 'driver update' functionality which will eliminate the need for this workaround.

RyanE

Archived