C4 Forums | Control4

Media Player

srhamy

I, like many, am awaiting the showdown of the media players. I wanted to know if I had it correct that the C4, the Netgears, and the XBMC are the only ones which currently have 2 way interfaces allowing for selection via the C4 coverart page. Are there any others?

^ Not sure whether or not you're interest is in using the media player or not. If the later, a copy of xbmc and a video card to connect to your TV will do the trick - with c4 integration as well, albeit with a little dealer setup.

Is there no way I could play my media directly from my computer's harddrives?

You can play media directly from your computer's hard drives, but you need a media player still.

I would do what dgbrown is suggesting and get a copy of XBMC to try. It shouldn't cost you much (depends on your dealer - YMMV) and then you don't have to buy any more hardware.

Before I got my NAS I would use my Netgear EVA9150's to play media that was stored directly on my local PC's hard drive.

Which are you referring to?

Is there no way I could play my media directly from my computer's harddrives?

What I am doing right now is syncing my music folders back and forth on my NAS machine I built. If I download a new track, it is sent to the NAS, if I add a track from another PC it downloads into my folder on my PC. If you don't have or dont want an NAS, just share your music folder over your network, and add it into your system.

th_c4music.png

Then your music should show up here. Since my HC-300 has not arrived yet, I am not 100% sure on this, but I would say this would work.

th_c4music2.png

^ Not sure whether or not you're interest is in using the media player or not. If the later, a copy of xbmc and a video card to connect to your TV will do the trick - with c4 integration as well, albeit with a little dealer setup.

Could you possibly give me a little more detail about where and which xbmc to download. Do I need a special video card or will my nvidia graphic card do it. Also do I just connect the output of this graphic/video card to the tv. what do I tell my dealer to do? Thanks

^ Not sure whether or not you're interest is in using the media player or not. If the later' date=' a copy of xbmc and a video card to connect to your TV will do the trick - with c4 integration as well, albeit with a little dealer setup.[/quote']

Could you possibly give me a little more detail about where and which xbmc to download. Do I need a special video card or will my nvidia graphic card do it. Also do I just connect the output of this graphic/video card to the tv. what do I tell my dealer to do? Thanks

http://xbmc.org/

I'm running it on an old modded xbox I have with a 320gb hd.

^ Not sure whether or not you're interest is in using the media player or not. If the later' date=' a copy of xbmc and a video card to connect to your TV will do the trick - with c4 integration as well, albeit with a little dealer setup.[/quote']

Your dealer will need to get the Control4 XBMC driver for you. Your NVidia graphics card should do, at least while you figure out if you like it or not.

Your dealer will need to get the Control4 XBMC driver for you. Your NVidia graphics card should do, at least while you figure out if you like it or not.

LOL ok. Do just download any version of XBMC? And Where, Yes google it I know but do you have a direct address? Let me start googling while you answer.

Your dealer will need to get the Control4 XBMC driver for you. Your NVidia graphics card should do' date=' at least while you figure out if you like it or not.[/quote']

LOL ok. Do just download any version of XBMC? And Where, Yes google it I know but do you have a direct address? Let me start googling while you answer.

http://xbmc.org/download/

Archived