C4 Forums | Control4

The Best Day of my life... An iPad love story...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far so great. Nice that it included Winnie the poo for free. Downloaded the control 4 app and it looks great. I don't have a license (or a system for that matter) but it seems like the app is much more responsive. Can't wait to use it with c4.

tum

They sell them at Best Buy?

That's where I bought mine. The Best Buy stores here have a decent sized section for Mac. I'm heading home now, I still haven't opened the box. Hopefully it's as cool as we're all hoping.

Club411' date=' wait till monday, you'll be pleasantly suprised.[/quote']

You will be happy if you have a iPad, but pissed if you paid $299 for a iPhone license. (at least I am.)

The way the licensing has been handled is disgraceful - and contrary to the press quoted above - I don't see this changing. The iPad rocks we know - if there was a little solidarity and customers spoke with their wallets and waited for the all inclusive subscription or a statement from the company regarding license purchases and how they apply to the cost of future subscriptions -perhaps management would offer some detail.

You will be happy if you have a iPad, but pissed if you paid $299 for a iPhone license. (at least I am.)

The way the licensing has been handled is disgraceful - and contrary to the press quoted above - I don't see this changing. The iPad rocks we know - if there was a little solidarity and customers spoke with their wallets and waited for the all inclusive subscription or a statement from the company regarding license purchases and how they apply to the cost of future subscriptions -perhaps management would offer some detail.

+1

I don't see any harm in blowing the lid off this one a day or two early...:)

http://www.c4diy.com/controlui-app-for-iphone-and-itouch-to-see-significant-price-drop-ipad-version-cheaper-than-imagined/

I'm excited...this was something I didn't expect.

That *is* good news.

Think that price will also convince more to consider C4. C4 is getting more marketing exposure from having this app available on iTunes Day 1 than they've received from all their other marketing combined. And its not even technically a C4 product.

You will be happy if you have a iPad' date=' but pissed if you paid $299 for a iPhone license. (at least I am.)[/quote']

http://www.c4diy.com/controlui-app-for-iphone-and-itouch-to-see-significant-price-drop-ipad-version-cheaper-than-imagined/

I'm glad I wasn't the guy that bought a mobile license recently ! And what's in it for the dealer base ? Less margin - no 7" ts sale, no margin on the ipad and less $ on the mobile nave license given the price reduction.

I'm still left wondering what this means for customer 4sight subs post 2.0 ? If I buy now am I just throwing $100 per device in the toilet ?

I'm glad I wasn't the guy that bought a mobile license recently ! And what's in it for the dealer base ? Less margin - no 7" ts sale' date=' no margin on the ipad and less $ on the mobile nave license given the price reduction.

I'm still left wondering what this means for customer 4sight subs post 2.0 ? If I buy now am I just throwing $100 per device in the toilet ?[/quote']

Sounds to me like there trying to attract the apple crowd into C4 by offering a low teaser rate.

I have to make a decision to either buy a 7" TS or an iPad.

The iPad seems be both lower cost and more functionality, so that seems to be a no-brainer. Am I missing something?

1. Ipad is not an in wall solution.

2. No reviews of how well the app works yet.

Having said that I wouldn't pay double the price for 1/10th of the function.

Well if it's true I will be buying 3 licenses monDay

It's true.

http://c4central.com/?p=168

I don't see anything at that link.

Dan, They locked you out. :lol:

I heard the $99 license was dealer cost.

Yeah, Im a little pissed I paid $299, but it was worth it. I used it everyday since it came out.

At least I didnt pay $2999 for a HC1000 (sorry for those who did)

I have to make a decision to either buy a 7" TS or an iPad.

The iPad seems be both lower cost and more functionality' date=' so that seems to be a no-brainer. Am I missing something?[/quote']

1. Ipad is not an in wall solution.

2. No reviews of how well the app works yet.

Having said that I wouldn't pay double the price for 1/10th of the function.

I wonder if someone could fashion an adapter that would screw onto a single gang electrical wall box, and then hold the iPad in place, and get power from the box to keep the iPad charged?

^ I believe the folks from savant have a custom in wall dock coming out.

Also, the 7" portable has been problematic in the field from what I understand. So anyone considering the portable (only) weigh that into your decision making.

Archived