C4 Forums | Control4

The Best Day of my life... An iPad love story...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So can you browse movie coverart with this app? Also' date=' where do you buy the license if the app is free?[/quote']

The license is purchased from a Control 4 dealer.

Can anyone answer the 1st question?

So can you browse movie coverart with this app? Also' date=' where do you buy the license if the app is free?[/quote']

The license is purchased from a Control 4 dealer.

Can anyone answer the 1st question?

You can browse cover art.

Alan' date=' do you care to share how to browse movie cover art?[/quote']

Perhaps I am wrong.

Perhaps. I would love this question answered....that would be a big oversight. I have been toying around with getting one for me (I got my wife one, but she is very protective of it) but I am certainly not interested if you can't browse video by cover art, and it would appear that you can't.

Perhaps I am wrong.

Perhaps. I would love this question answered....that would be a big oversight. I have been toying around with getting one for me (I got my wife one, but she is very protective of it) but I am certainly not interested if you can't browse video by cover art, and it would appear that you can't.

I asked the question because the screenshots posted only included cover art for music. Movie coverart is the crown jewel of coolness in home theater and if this app can't do it then no reason for me to buy one.

Perhaps I am wrong.

Perhaps. I would love this question answered....that would be a big oversight. I have been toying around with getting one for me (I got my wife one' date=' but she is very protective of it) but I am certainly not interested if you can't browse video by cover art, and it would appear that you can't.[/quote']

I asked the question because the screenshots posted only included cover art for music. Movie coverart is the crown jewel of coolness in home theater and if this app can't do it then no reason for me to buy one.

This is why I thought the system did cover art.

IF it does not do cover art right now there will probably be an upgrade to add that feature.

Perhaps I am wrong.

I asked the folks at ControlUI about viewing movie cover art. It is not possible in this version but they are working on it. They did not provide an ETA.

I can't believe they would release the app without that functionality. The is one of my favorite things about the Control4 GUI.

I don't think they've had the iPad SDK that long. I'm actually surprised they have a finished product ready at all. It's obviously in the works.

I can't believe they would release the app without that functionality. The is one of my favorite things about the Control4 GUI.

I don't think they've had the iPad SDK that long. I'm actually surprised they have a finished product ready at all. It's obviously in the works.

I just got one of my Ipads activated last night, quite a few things dont work in the current version -- Rhapsody and Door locks just to name a couple.

I'm sure it was just a quick release just to have something for launch, im very pleased with the new interface though and can't wait for updated version!

dg, I did see the Savant app a couple of days ago. looks really slick. The thing from them I was most excited about is that they are currently working on powered, in-wall docking stations for the iPad... I was most excited about that, until I read the price is supposed to be $500 for the dock alone.

:(

Here's what my dealer told me regarding 4Sight, iPad/iPhone app pricing:

Q: I hear that there has been a price drop on the iPhone/iPad Mobile Navigator license, to $99 or so. Can you confirm and if so I'd like to get it for my iPhone.

A: GVZ - You are correct – the price of the iPhone/iPad Mobile Navigator license has dropped to $99.

Q: If that's the case, what mobile device functionality is going to be rolled into 4Sight subscription with 2.0?

A: GVZ – The new 4Sight subscription will include client licenses for iPhones – but you have to renew that annually to keep your iPhone client license active. No firm price on this 4Sight subscription has been set on that yet.

Even with the 4Sight subscription you will have to pay a separate $99 fee for your iPad license.

Q: Is it expanded Web Navigator access from any browser, desktop or mobile? And as such is separate from iPhone/iPad license fees?

A: GVZ – Yes, the web navigator is accessible from any browser, desktop or mobile device. The desktop browser is free, the iPhone license is $99 when purchased without an annual subscription, and the iPad license fee is $99.

Nice announcements coming from Apple today re: OS 4.0 due out this summer. Check out macrumors.com for the details on press coverage. BTW, multitasking is in ! Good news for you new iPad owners.

Multi-tasking...nice. That was my major complaint with Apple mobile products.

^ Me too. The iphones in the market now (the 3g and 3gs) will not have multitasking though. THe assumption is this summers iPhone will, and as confirmed, the iPad.

I just might consider an iPhone again once they have multitasking and are available on Verizon.

AT&T is probably a bigger detractor than no multitasking...

I really like Android though...I don't know if I could go back to the horrible iTunes marriage.

iPhone OS 4 will work with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and the second- and third-generation iPod touch this summer, and with iPad in the fall. Not all features are compatible with all devices. For example, multitasking is available only with iPhone 3GS and the third-generation iPod touch (32GB and 64GB models from late 2009).

• 4 months later...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j71/rastargate/037.jpg

ALL I NEED TO COMPLETE MY LIFE IS A LICENSE!

Looks a nice setup..but how is this doc charged?.. where is the charge cable? If this is on the coffee table or even side bench, how long can you get the cable? ? And if you use something different like those "gripper" stands that allow horizontal mounting is there a long (ie 3-5 meter) usb charge cable you can purchase to run straight from the ipad to the Apple wallwart charger?

Archived