C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 Menu Problem

Hello again, I have another problem with my control4 system. When I push the "4" button on my remote, the control4 menu on my TV no longer appears. However, I can navigate my system through the remote itself, and the TV turns on if I go to a section. Any ideas to make the menu reappear?

^He is suggesting that the SR needs to make itself completely known. Several have complained about this problem and I have seen it first hand as well. I believe it is related to spotty Zigbee coverage. The 4 taps of the center button usually does it for me as well.

One other odd-ball thing I've noticed on the SR is sometimes (again, in crappy Zigbee coverage situs) if you change rooms, the master screen will still reflect the previous room but one layer in from the main view the room name now reflects the current room selection. Back-out one screen and it is back to showing the previous room selection.

Make a move closer to the mesh or ZAP and bingo, the main screen room name now show correctly.

Just push the c4 butte=on 4 times in short burst..... the c4 menu will appear. enjoy

That's your solution?

:lol::lol::lol:

h

Just trying to chip in. I was having this problem. called my dealer who told me to this each time i have the problem. Is there another way around this ? I will be more than greateful to try. thanks.:(

• 3 weeks later...

Those having this problem how far are your closest zigbee repeaters (dimmers, etc) and how many zigbee devices do you have? If its spotty zigbee coverage the simple solution is to add some dimmers/switches near your remote area.

Make sure your Onscreen Navigator is properly bound. This can be checked and done in Composer Pro by dealer. I lost this binding when I disconnected the Controller from the project and reconnected it while trouble shooting a different problem. My "4" button did nothing until I found the binding missing and re-bound it.

(see screen shot)

Archived