C4 Forums | Control4

Sony BPD-CX7000ES 400 disc bluray changer not scanning media

I have a 400 disc sony blu-ray changer running the latest firmware and I'm on C4 OS 2.0 using Composer HE 2.0 and I cannot get the Sony player to scan my media. I have a serial (null modem) cable attached and the transport control works from the C4 sr250 remote to navigate the menu structure of the Sony player, however composer HE will not scan any media. Any suggestions?

Ryan E didn't you work on this driver? Any known issues with 2.0?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

RyanE - I can get the status of the 7000 in the system design/ highlight changer name, it shows the status, and it's real time. however, c4 can not control this 7000 at all, no power, no on/off no transport nothing. it used to then it stopped completely. I have removed the device, removed the driver (in case it was corrupt or a wrong verson) then i downloaded a new one, bound the connections and still no control over the unit. As mentioned it shows "Status" and the disc number/name in the system manager window.

Have you powered down the unit, left it for a while, then powered it back up?

Also, you're sure it isn't requesting a version update, right? I think if the unit is requesting an update, it isn't controllable.

RyanE

Jason, although this will not be what you want to hear, the system I have with a 7000 is working perfectly, you might want to call TS on monday and give them your project and logs.

Brent

Brent is this a 2.0 install? My 7000 won't scan media in 2.0 and was told by my dealer that this is a control 4 issue. My transport controls work but the media scanning doesn't work at all. Anyone lese get the 7000 to work in 2.0?

Archived