C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Dimmer Switches Blown

murphydl

I have a control4 system in my house now since December 2008.

I have the following Dimmer Switches in my house:

UKIL-500

Each Switch is controlling 3 dimmers => Centre Light, Spots and Wall Lamps.

So thats 3 dimmer switches controlling 9 inline wireless dimmers. The thing is 6 of these inline dimmers out of 7 i use (had 2 spares) have now blown and had to be replaced. The smart people who manufactured these dimmers only gave a one year guarantee so I have had to fork out in order to replace them @ €150 per inline dimmer .. Am I being ripped off at this price ....

The replacement dimmers are a newer version of the old ones and look like minature 2 button keypad switches.

Anyone know if the price sounds right?

Interesting setup though.

Using a dimmer switch to control an inline dimmer.

How does that work? Are you saying you have the switched live from the dimmer switch going into the inline dimmer and then out of the inline and into the bulb?

The inline dimmer has an Aux Out / Return terminal which will allow you to connect 3rd party switches upto it. However it only works with momentary switches. It does not work with dimmer switches.

The momentry push will trigger it to toggle states. A momentry hold will ramp the lights up/down (depending on state) until you release it.

Part Number for the International Inline Dimmer is LDZ-IL51-B. Note it is only available in CE and Ctick regulatory complianced countries.

• 2 years later...

Archived